Complaint Review: LA Fitness, Leesburg, VA

• Updated: Mon, December 05, 2011

• Reported By: Hustled-in-Leesburg — Leesburg Virginia United States of America
LA Fitness, Leesburg, VA
1490 CLASSIC PATH WAY SE Internet United States of America

LA Fitness, Leesburg, Virginia Wanted to discuss personal training costs and ended up being hustled into a contract. Never again when tired. Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Better lesson.

I went in to discuss the personal training options, cost, and schedule.  I was motivated but unemployed, so I had no intention of signing a contract.  Before I knew it all my information was filled out as if I had to go through the registration process to get the information.  I also mentioned starting a new job will have me in DC til late evenings.  The trainer assured me he would give me makeups and extra sessions to accommodate my schedule.  I was tired and suggested he sell used cars because he moved so fast.

He has been MIA since my John Hancock.

When I went to the manager the following week to cancel, I was told the contract won't let you without you having to pay 50% and he had no power to overrule it.

HARD LESSON LEARNED:  NEVER SIGN A PERSONAL TRAINING CONTRACT AT THIS PLACE--ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE TIRED.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2011 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness-Leesburg-VA/internet/LA-Fitness-Leesburg-Virginia-Wanted-to-discuss-personal-training-costs-and-ended-up-bei-805256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness, Leesburg, VA

Better lesson.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"I had no intention of signing a contract. "

If you have no intention of signing a contract,  do not sign a contract.

If you can't help yourself, at least read the contract before signing.     In your case you would either have discovered the expensive cancellation clause, or fallen asleep before finsishing.  Either way you would have been better off.

Gym contracts are right up there with used car sales when it comes to questionable sales tactics.   They're all about the same.