Complaint Review: LA Fitness, Pro Results

• Reported By:El Mirage Arizona
LA Fitness, Pro Results
Glendale, Arizona U.S.A.

LA Fitness, Pro Results Scam artists! Glendale Arizona

I, like many others on this website, signed up for a membership at LA Fitness. Of course, included with the membership was a free hour training session with a "Pro Results" trainer. By the end of the training session I was sat down at a desk and shown how much more weight I could lose and healther I could become with my trainer by my side. I fell for the bait hook, line and sinker.

I was a little apprehensive about the amount but was told I could cancel, downgrade or upgrade at anytime just like my LA Fitness membership. That eased my apprehension so I signed up. When I asked about other options 3 weeks later they had offered to "freeze" my agreement with Pro Results since it was within one month and restructure my agreement.

Within 3 days I had been double charged for the training. I was told i would get a credit back, but they charged me again! When I went into the gym to get this cleared up I was told it wouldn't be able to be taken care of until Monday. I said fine as it was the weekend and I understood the office was not open on the weekend. I said I had been rethinking my training membership due to this mix up and wanted to cancel the Pro Results program but wanted to stay on with LA Fitness.

All of the sudden it was impossible to cancel the contract. Although I was told that it was a month to month agreement. I asked about the fact that they had changed my agreement just a few days before and that was fine because it was within a month. Now that I wanted to cancel I was told there was a 3 day cancellation policy. I was in no way informed of this before. I would not have signed up for the training.

Now it was also going to take at least 7-15 days to get my money back for the double charges that a few minutes before would only take until Monday! What the heck are they trying to pull. Needless to say I told them I no longer wanted my LA Fitness membership either and they told me I would have to send a letter to request this. I have sent the letter, and have sent it registered mail but I have a feeling I will hear from them again! I WILL MAKE SURE TO LET EVERYONE I CAN NOT TO JOIN LA FITNESS OR PRO RESULTS!

I have seen a lot of turn over in the training staff there in the short time I belonged to the gym. there were also 2 training sessions I had scheduled where the trainer did not show up. I was not compensated for this in anyway. Not only did they not take the training seriously the "TRAINER MANAGERS" talked badly about the lower trainers, especially those that all of a sudden decided to leave the company. Boy, that is classy!

I guess I would leave too if they were only paying me $6 a session! I sure wish I knew this website existed before I ever walked into LA Fitness! I should have known not to sign when they did not provide anything in writing and the only price list they had to show was a grid that they wrote out on scratch paper! They definitely know who to put out there to get you to sign up. Definitely smooth operators!

Gogochick
El Mirage, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2008 10:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness-Pro-Results/Glendale-Arizona/LA-Fitness-Pro-Results-Scam-artists-Glendale-Arizona-404194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness, Pro Results