Complaint Review: LA Fitness, Pro Results

• Submitted: Mon, February 26, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, February 26, 2007

• Reported By:Riverside California
LA Fitness, Pro Results
19531 Mission Village Dr. Riverside, California U.S.A.

LA Fitness, Pro Results ripoff dishonest fraudulent sales tactics Riverside California

The following letter is what I sent to Pro Results, and explains what happened.
Pro Results
P.O. BOX 55088
Irvine, CA. 92619-4170

To whom it may concern:

I have been trying to cancel this agreement since February 12, 2007. I keep getting sent to people unable to help me. The agreement is a minimum of 2 months plus an early cancellation fee.
I was totally mislead by the sales person (Id. # 9604888) on January 2, 2007 when I bought my 2 memberships for myself and son. He told me I could cancel at any time. I told him I didn't want a 12 month agreement, and he assured me It would be no problem to cancel at any time.
It never occurred to me that a company like yours would condone such a scam to be used against your customers. If I had waited the 2-3 months I had originally planed to cancel I would have been passed your 45 day cancellation period hidden in the small print. I asked the salesperson 3 times about the cancellation process. He said very clearly that I could cancel at any time without penalty. I would like the verbal contract limits honored.
Consider this my notice of cancellation.
I plan to bring this to the attention to the Better Business Bureau. I expect a quick and positive resolution to this problem.

cc: Better Business Bureau
LA Fitness Corporate Office

Riverside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2007 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness-Pro-Results/Riverside-California-92503/LA-Fitness-Pro-Results-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-sales-tactics-Riverside-California-237077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness, Pro Results