Complaint Review: LA Fitness

• Submitted: Sat, July 05, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, July 05, 2008

• Reported By:Miami Florida
LA Fitness
LA fitness.com Miami, Florida U.S.A.

LA Fitness - one time fee is a lie. Miami Florida

About 5 years ago, I joined LA fitness in Miami, Fl. My first two years went very well there and I loved the gym. I would spend sometimes 4-6 hours a day there. My first year I paid almost 600$ for the gym membership. I was told that it was such a high amount because it was the first year, and the initial fee that was included that year was a one time thing for the rest of my life.

I would never have to pay it again. This was the gym manager who was signing me up and told me that by the way. Every year after that would be a reduced fee (289$) which I found to be a great bargain. When I finished my first year, I went to renew. Sure enough, I only paid 289$ for the next year. I continued to go to the gym daily. I was very pleased with the service.

At the end of the 2nd year, I had stopped going to the gym. My last 3 months, I only went about 3 times. I continued not going to the gym for about another 6 months. When I decided to go back and pay my 289$ to renew my membership, I was told I had to sit down with a sales associate again. They then told me that I had to pay the fee again and it would be over 600$ to join for a year.

I explained that i was told it would only be 289$ per year according to the contract I signed. I no longer had the original paperwork and he wouldnt look in my file to find it. I suspected it was just that the sales associate was being a greedy idiot. The next week I went back and tried speaking with another associate only to get the same response. Two years later I even tried with another LA fitness...same response...pay another first year fee.

SO...just a warning...be wary when doing business with this company...They can be a very shady company to deal with.

Paul
Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2008 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness/Miami-Florida-33157/LA-Fitness-one-time-fee-is-a-lie-Miami-Florida-347826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness