Complaint Review: LA Fitness

• Updated: Fri, February 18, 2011

• Reported By: Dena — Palm Harbor Florida United States of America
LA Fitness
35104 U.S. HIGHWAY 19 NORTH Palm Harbor, Florida United States of America

LA Fitness Pro Results Training Lie and scam you into signing contracts that you didn't agree to Palm Harbor, Florida

The LA Fitness corporation has completely infuriated me. I was totally ripped off by them and I suggest that you stay away from this gym.

At the Palm Harbor, Florida location I signed up for personal training with Mike Fite, the manager. He had me signed up for a package that I did not agree to. After realizing I was getting wrongly charged for my training I spoke with him.  He agreed that he made a mistake in the package he signed me up to.  Mike told me that the VP of LA Fitness would me crediting my account and that I would be refunded. After 5 days he told me that he spoke with corporate and that this wasn't possible as I had used my training sessions.

They overcharged me by $210.00! I had agreed to pay per session and not go into some 3 month program as I was only going to be a member at the gym for 2 months. I live out of the country and signed up for a Snow Bird special.  I spoke with corporate on the phone and they completely infuriated me. They were adamant that because I used my sessions that I could not be refunded. Mike agreed to overcharging me and still they didn't refund me. So let me get this right.....they can charge you anything they want and charge your credit card that they have access to and they justify it by saying you used your sessions? I can't believe that I was overcharged $210.00 all because of a mistake of the training manager.

Although he agreed that he made a mistake it is quite possible that he did this on purpose. Maybe this is all some type of sales gimmick to sign people up under the wrong contract and then not refund members money. I have never been so upset by a corporation.

Stay away from LA Fitness and their worthless personal training department! They will rip you off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2011 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness/Palm-Harbor-Florida-34684/LA-Fitness-Pro-Results-Training-Lie-and-scam-you-into-signing-contracts-that-you-didnt-ag-697271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness