Complaint Review: L.A. Fitness

• Reported By: Catherine Topolski — Stratford Connecticut
L.A. Fitness
Trumbull Mall, Main Street Trumbull, Connecticut USA

L.A. Fitness Refusal of Contact Trumbull Connecticut

I joined L.A. Fitness about one year ago and signed up for Personal Training.  The money was taken out of a credit card company.  After about a month, I developed health problems and received the paperwork to have signed by a physician.  I had all of the necessary paperwork signed and mailed via certified mail so that I could opt out of my contract for medical reasons.  L.A. Fitness claimed they did not received the information even though the certified mail was stamped by their office.  They continued to bill my credit card company for months afterward.  I had to finally have the credit card company stop making payments.  Since that time, I have tried repeatedly to contact L.A. Fitness Corporate with no response.

I feel that they are not trying to resolve this issue so that they can bill me later with interest which is highly unethical given the circumstances.

I would suggest that anyone considering going to L.A. Fitness not do it as there are so many horror stories about this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2014 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness/Trumbull-Connecticut/LA-Fitness-Refusal-of-Contact-Trumbull-Connecticut-1166868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on L.A. Fitness