Complaint Review: LA Fitness

• Submitted: Thu, December 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 18, 2008

• Reported By:Pomona California
LA Fitness
Campus Drive Upland, California U.S.A.

LA Fitness Used blantant lies to provide my friend with a reduced rate and then denied when reported Upland California

I have been a member of LA Fitness for 15 years and I brought friend in to join the LA Fitness in Upland, CA.
We were appalled to find out that the General Manager, Geoffery, listed on the account that my friend was an employee for Kaiser in order to provide my friend with a lower monthly fees. Geoffery then went further with is lies and deception and told my friend he was getting a deal by having his spouses down payment waived and only charging $160.00 fee, well we also found out this was lie because the total fee for both he and his wife was $160.00 so it was not a deal and there was no waiver.

My friend called to cancel the account and opened their account at an out of state LA Fitness while on vacation and agreed to pay the proper higher rate and then was terrorized by Geoffery repeated telephone calls for them to cancel the out of state membership and reinstate the account with the fraudlent information, Geoffery's quote was "why the hell would you agree to pay more, when all you have to do is be quite and take the reduced corporate rate, after all Kaiser does not check and neither does LA Fitness be an idiot and pay more if you want to!"

When we brought this fraudlent behavior to Corporate's attention it was still not resolved, it was not until we filed a complaint with the BBB did we get any results.
After months of the run around listing to the lies and constantly having to re-tell the story, LA Fitness finally removed the fraudulent information from my friends account and allowed them to keep the same reduced monthly payment.

Thing at LA Fitness that never fails and is always consistent is the monthly deduction of fees from your bank account and that continues even when they know that it should not.

Advocat
Pomona, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2008 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness/Upland-California/LA-Fitness-Used-blantant-lies-to-provide-my-friend-with-a-reduced-rate-and-then-denied-whe-402881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness