Complaint Review: LA Fitness

• Updated: Wed, June 12, 2013

• Reported By: Cliff — New York New York
LA Fitness
1183 Berkshire Blvd. Wyomissing, Pennsylvania USA

LA Fitness Do not sign for contracts longer than one year. If you have to relocate LA Fitness will not refund the money if you move to a place with a Gym less than 5 miles, regardless of the feasibility of you getting there. I am moving back to NYC, I don’t have a car and they pretend that I can cross the Hudson River and go to NJ to one of their clubs. They do no know anything about the public transportation there, and I believe they don’t really care. I will never, ever sign up for LA Fitness again. Club: Wyomissing,  Pennsylvania

I signed up for a 3 year contract and after 2 years I am relocating. They refused the refund of the year left in my contract because the contract states that there is a LA Fitness Gym 5 miles from my new home. the problem is that the new gym is in another state, there is a huge river across from my home and there is no public transportation. I don't have a car, so it is not possible to me to get to the gym and work my new job. But they do not care about it, they just care about the money. I don't even care about the money, but I believe that it is an example of the consumer is abused. I will never use their Gym ever again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2013 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness/Wyomissing-Pennsylvania-19610/LA-Fitness-Do-not-sign-for-contracts-longer-than-one-year-If-you-have-to-relocate-LA-Fit-1058707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness