Complaint Review: LA Fitness

• Submitted: Mon, June 02, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 17, 2008

• Reported By:Philadelphia Pennsylvania
LA Fitness
25 East City Avenue, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 Nationwide U.S.A.

LA Fitness At Bala Cynwyd, PA sales person mislead, two weeks of my first month membership yoga classroom was under repair and no classes were taken place, trial time is too short Bala Cynwyd PA

*Consumer Comment: Why?

Shante Hicks, a sales person, mislead me on the levels of the yoga class on Sunday. For two weeks the yoga and palates classroom was closed for two weeks for repairs. Neither online nor on print out they gave me is said that yoga class is advanced. While managers when I complained about classes pace told me that it is advanced class. During the Sunday yoga class we didn't have time for mind and body connection whatsoever and you can forget about stretching your muscles. This class is about jumping up and down from the mat and changing positions fast. The trial period is too short, if you work full time in addition to your part-time job, have family responsibilities, sick relatives, and also going to graduate school then LA Fitness isn't going to accommodate your needs. I didn't even have a chance for the first month of my membership to meet with personal trainer because it was end of semester and too much work. I hoped that after all the craziness ends I will be able to take care of myself, but LA Fitness wouldn't care. When I called member service manager, Stacy Bantle, she transferred me to some gentlemen who was extremely rude. I'm very unsatisfied with the service. They denied paying me back my initiation fee and said that it's my problem that I cannot jump up and down with their excellent yoga instructor. I was transferred from one person to the other and when I called the corporate office I was told that I hanged up on the local management, which was a total lie.

Victoria
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2008 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness/nationwide/LA-Fitness-At-Bala-Cynwyd-PA-sales-person-mislead-two-weeks-of-my-first-month-membership-336489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness

Why?

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

I am curious why you bothered to join a gym at all, given your self-proclaimed busy lifestyle. It does sound as though you have little if any time with which to exercise.

Secondly, what were you expecting of Yoga classes held in a large gym setting? Gyms normally hold "Power Yoga" and other such classes designed to quickly tone the muscles and physique. They do not waste time on all the mind-body connection fru fru stuff. If that is what you are looking for, perhaps you should try private yoga sessions at the spa?