Complaint Review: LA Furniture Store.com

• Updated: Mon, June 24, 2013

• Reported By: Charles E. Williams — Bonaire Georgia
LA Furniture Store.com
Internet USA

LA Furniture Store.com Lied, cheatd and was just an absolute fraud Fraud Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Standard Industry Practice

I ordered an italian original leather sectional and bed room set. Upon arrival after 2.5 months, the couch was torn and a very large dent in the rear of the couch. The bed was missing parts and one of the night stand was completely destroy. I had the driver to sign the damage and also took pictures. I submitted my damage report over their WEB Site as instructed and provided the pictures. They never acknowledge receipt of my damage report until I checked with them after 1.5 week. I was told Knard was the only person that works damage reports and they would have her to get in touch with me. Well that never happen until a month later and then she claimed that she did not have my report until I told her that the store had already confirm my report and that she was working it. Finally, after 2 months, I asked to speak with the owner or some one in charge, but was told that Knar is the manager, but I was never given anyone above her or the owner.

She finally offer just $300.00 to have the couch repair and will send another night stand. I informed her that I paid for a brand new couch and would like to have another one. She refuse and said the $300.00 is final. I received the other night stand a month later and it to was completely damage. The packaging was just not suitable for shipping furniture and I was told that they all would arrive in that manner due to packaging. I told her that is no constellation to the customer and that should fix the known problem. She offered $200.00 dollars and that was final. Therefore, I was left stuck wit a damage couch, damage night stand, and parts missing to the bed and mirror attachments, which they never addressed.

It took from the time I order in september 2012 to Mar 2013 to get a resolution that was not adequate at all.

Charles

Bonaire, GA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2013 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Furniture-Storecom/internet/LA-Furniture-Storecom-Lied-cheatd-and-was-just-an-absolute-fraud-Fraud-Internet-1061653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Furniture Store.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Standard Industry Practice

AUTHOR: lee - ()

No matter how cheated you feel, this is the pretty standard way of handling such issues industry wide. Buying online is great because the prices are way less, and you can see a ton of options without running to 15 different stores (without leaving your house, infact), but they're not gonna replace your furniture every time it is damaged.

If you want to avoid such instances from occuring again, find a company that ships with a white-glove delivery service. The damge rate is probably 30-40% lower with white-glove. Now, virtually no company will straight up replace your order if it is damaged (maybe the really big ones, like Wayfair or Overstock will), it is simply way too expensive for them to, but with white-glove delivery you will minimize the chances of your order being damaged.