Complaint Review: LA WEIGHT LOSS CENTERS

• Submitted: Tue, October 11, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, October 11, 2005

• Reported By:Metairie Louisiana
LA WEIGHT LOSS CENTERS
1015 Montlimar Drive - Suite C-1, Mobile, Alabama U.S.A.

LA WEIGHT LOSS CENTERS ripoff Mobile Alabama

I joined L.A. Weight Loss Centers in Metairie, LA on July 25, 2005. I needed to loose 26 pounds and after a TV commercial which advertises $7.00 per week I decided to go for a consultation with Ms. Deborah Smith. I signed a contract for $586.00. The brakedown was: 13 weeks to loose the weight, 6 Stab. weeks, 52 maint. weeks.

That did not include the lite bars which they make you purchase for the entire program ahead of time in order to be successful with the program. I was desperate to loose the weight so I joined and paid $ 439.53. A total of 40 boxes (7 bars in box)I only used 7 boxes during my 1 month enrollment.

My last visit to the center was August 26, 2005. The next day we had to evacuate due to Hurricane Katrina. It was a month before we got back to our house in Metairie. Our house was flooded, my husband and I lost our jobs, we have been trying to clean up the mess and figure out what to do.

When I called the center to request refund for the lite bars they told me they did not refund the money for the lite bars. This franchise is based in 1015 Montlimar Drive, Suite C-1, Mobile, AL. 36609. The representative that signed the contract Ms. Deborah Smith. is working in the Mobile office.

Alicia
Metairie, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2005 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-WEIGHT-LOSS-CENTERS/Mobile-Alabama-36609/LA-WEIGHT-LOSS-CENTERS-ripoff-Mobile-Alabama-160401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA WEIGHT LOSS CENTERS