Complaint Review: LA WEIGHT LOSS

• Submitted: Fri, February 04, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, September 10, 2011

• Reported By: A victim in NJ — anytown New Jersey U.S.A.
LA WEIGHT LOSS

LA WEIGHT LOSS CHEATED PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY NOW RE-OPENS WITHOUT MAKING GOOD ON PAST MEMBERSHIPS? Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ex-Employee

LA Weight Loss took my money upfront and then closed shop. They never honored my contract or returned my money after telling me all I had to do was fill out a claim form.

They now re-open and state they have been around for 18 years. When I contacted them about my claim they state they are a brand new company.

So which is it? Have you been around for 18 years and just basically stole money from everyone or are you a new company that is lying about being in business for 18 years?

You need to make good on those claims LA Weight Loss. Especially when you claim you have been around for 18 years.

I was cheated by LA Weight Loss. DO NOT SIGN WITH LA WEIGHT LOSS until they return the money they took!!! Do not give them any money upfront until they return the money they took from clients that in good faith signed a contract then got nothing in return.

What is the deal LA Weight Loss? 18 years? New Owner? Or just liars and cheats?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2011 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-WEIGHT-LOSS/internet/LA-WEIGHT-LOSS-CHEATED-PEOPLE-OUT-OF-MONEY-NOW-RE-OPENS-WITHOUT-MAKING-GOOD-ON-PAST-MEMBER-690991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA WEIGHT LOSS

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Ex-Employee

AUTHOR: Babygirlmyia - (U.S.A.)

I actually worked for LA Weight Loss before they closed shop the first time and I will say that they were crooks back then. The price of the program was extremely high, they out sourced a line of credit which had a 29% APR and the products that they used made a lot of clients plateau and constipated them. I actually gained more weight using their products than I did just following the meal guidelines. I was actually let go from the company because I did not want to sell anymore. I got tired of ripping people off and that was mainly their primary focus was to see how much they could get from someone. In the appointment book we coded each new client that came in as 0, PIF, or Payment Plan. The top sales person and the managers did the very last visit where the client would pretty much shell out the bulk of the cash for the LA Lights which usually cost around 2 grand at times and sometimes as much as 5 grand. The fact that they have reopened is not surprising to me and the fact that they will not refund or honor the previous contracts is not surprising either. Customers never got the money back from when they lost the weight and kept the weight off. What is even funnier is when you get into Maintenance you cannot gain or lose more than 5lbs within that one year in order to even qualify for the refund.