Complaint Review: LA Weight Loss Center

• Submitted: Mon, July 28, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 28, 2008

• Reported By:West Islip New York
LA Weight Loss Center
BayShore, New York U.S.A.

LA Weight Loss Center - This Is A Crime Ripoff Scam BayShore New York

In January of 2007 I paid my La Weight Loss Center $881.20 for weight loss week and La Lite bars. Without any notice they closed shop and told me to contact a customer service number which is only an answering machine that no one call back on. I have been going back and forth with my credit card company for almost a year now and was recently told that they cannot do anything for me because they cannot find anyone to contact for the chargeback.

I have recently been doing a lot of online research and am finding that many people have had this same problem. Today I contact the Attorney Generals office and I hope that I will be able to file a complaint and do something about this. This is a terrible scam that this large corporation got over many thousands and possibly millions of hard working people's money for nothing. I do think that a class action lawsuit here should be filed, but I just don't know how to go about starting one.

Carissa
West Islip, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2008 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Weight-Loss-Center/BayShore-New-York-11706/LA-Weight-Loss-Center-This-Is-A-Crime-Ripoff-Scam-BayShore-New-York-356459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Weight Loss Center