Complaint Review: LA Weight Loss - Pure Weight Loss

• Submitted: Wed, March 26, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 26, 2008

• Reported By:Hanford California
LA Weight Loss - Pure Weight Loss
12th Ave Hanford, California U.S.A.

LA Weight Loss - Pure Weight Loss What a JOKE! They offered a refund only for the bars that I didn't receive. What happened to my time frame I paid for? Hanford California

I too am a unhappy consumer. I just wanted to get some information about their program. They would not talk to me over the phone, I had to make an appointment for them to take the time to explain to me their program. It was definitely a setup. Once they get you in, their tactics are only one thing. Get you signed up no matter what they have to do. I felt very uncomfortable when it was 3 against 1. I wanted to go home and talk to my husband but they said I didn't have to tell him anything, they could have me apply for Care Credit and he would never know. The initial amount that they told me was around $700.00. I thought, okay, that was a fair amount. Once I signed the contract, then they hit you with the hidden costs such as LA Lites and supplements.

After it was all over and my husband found out, my total cost to the company ended up being around $2600.00 when we finallay paid the Care Credit off. I quit going because I hated the way I felt around their employees. Always a high turnover in staff and not adequately trained. I did see the 20/20 episode about their company but since it was in 2005 and a couple of years had gone by, I did not think I could do anything about it. Just recently I was contacted by someone who knew about my situation and they had a similar experience. She talked to a regional manager and she was able to get the majority of her cost back.

So she advised me to go through BBB and contact our local television station. No response from LA Weight Loss. So I contacted LA Weight Loss myself, explained my situation, and was offered a refund for the bars that I had not received. I agreed even though I was not satisfied. I just recently found out the store I signed up at is closing and the one that I talked to about my refund. Looks like I probably will not get my refund the way it looks.

Trina
Hanford, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2008 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Weight-Loss-Pure-Weight-Loss/Hanford-California-93230/LA-Weight-Loss-Pure-Weight-Loss-What-a-JOKE-They-offered-a-refund-only-for-the-bars-tha-321472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Weight Loss - Pure Weight Loss