Complaint Review: LA Weight Loss

• Submitted: Sun, February 10, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, February 10, 2008

• Reported By:Cape Coral Florida
LA Weight Loss
4650 S Cleveland Ave Fort Myers, Florida U.S.A.

LA Weight Loss LA Weight Loss - Lied about Refund Fort Myers Florida

I joined LA Weight Loss at their Cape Coral center in October. I was told at the time they would be moving to a state of the art, brand new center in Cape Coral in 1 month. It was not disclosed to me at that time that this will be closing in the next 2 weeks. I paid 1 year dues upfront, with the understanding that a Cape Coral center will be in existence 1 year later.

I believe I visited the Cape Coral cent 4 times. At the last visit I was told the center was closing and I would have to use the Fort Myers center. This is a long trip from my home and I would have to pay a bridge toll. I asked for a refund. I was told by the regional manager that if I tried the Fort Myers center and wasn't happy I could then get a refund then. This turn out to be a deceptive lie, and I've been getting the run around ever since.

In my umpteen phone calls to a Wendy (center manager) I've been told the check is on the way, she's looking into, that headquarters is working on it and so on. It is now February. I'm tired of chasing them which is probable what this company is banking on.

Can BBB attempt to help me with this issue? I want the refund promised to me almost 5 months ago.

LA Weight Loss
4650 S Cleveland Ave
Fort Myers, FL 33907
(239) 418-0927

Cape Coral, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2008 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Weight-Loss/Fort-Myers-Florida-33907/LA-Weight-Loss-LA-Weight-Loss-Lied-about-Refund-Fort-Myers-Florida-307860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Weight Loss