I am a former employee of the LA Weight Loss Group.
I thought there were a few things that might help people avoid being ripped off.
1. You do NOT have to pay for the service upfront. There are payment plans available. None of them will be a $7 weekly payment, but there are others available. They want you to pay as much as possible to keep you tied to the program fot the longest amount of time possible.
2. The girls there are NOT your friends. They don't like you. No matter how friendly they may seem , they have one objective and that is to seperate you from your money at every opportunity.
3. Read EVERYTHING before you sign ANYTHING. Do NOT sign up the same day. Sleep on it for 24 hours before you do anything. They are trained to stir up emotions related to your weight and use that to sell you.
4. The LA Lites are NOT mandatory. If you want to do them, then buy small mini bulk packages maybe spending $100 or $200 at a time. You will save some money. Do NOT buy the $1200 lifetime packages. If you leave the program you WILL NOT get that money back. BEWARE if you do NOT use the LITES you will not be eligible for a refund if you don't lose your weight.
5. Do NOT buy the breakfast bars and snacks. Similar items are available at your local grocery store at a fractin of the price. FOr example, the Cereal Bars from LAWL are almost identical to NutriGrain bars but 60% cheaper.
6. The women (typically) are NOT medical professionals. The white lab coats are designed to make you feel more confident. They have no medical training. The answers you are getting are all pat answers taught by the company. YOu will find that the answer to every problem will typiclally be a product purchase of some type.
I hope this helps