• Report: #301971

• Submitted: Mon, January 21, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 21, 2008

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
LA Weight Loss/Pure Weight Loss
471 E Roosevelt Road Lombard, Illinois U.S.A.

LA Weight Loss/Pure Weight Loss The shadiest place around!! Lombard Illinois

*Consumer Comment: LA Weight Loss Victim - Ohio

I started working for LA Weight Loss aka Pure Weight LOss in 2005. I went through 6 weeks of intense training including nightly homework and tests that were required to pass. I gained knowledge of the industry so that I could better serve the clients and give excellent customer service. I worked many hours due to the fact that I was a manager for the company. Which was hard on my home life. I made many sacrifices for the company to which they showed me their gratitude by asking for my resignation.

I was informed by other employees that racial comments were being made about me and my center manager. I addressed these allegations to Chris Burnard, Rocki Bible, Elaine Bussiletti (upper level management) and the manager of Human Resources. Do you know what happened? I was set up and asked to resign from my position.

At LA Weight Loss they trained us to be cut throat and money hungry. It was all about sales and numbers. If you didn't get someone to sign up you were reprimanded by your immediate supervisors. No one was supposed to walk out that door with out becoming a client. They told us to make clients cry and if we did we could almost guarantee a sale. They even taught us a motto in training "If they cry, they buy!" Everything said about the company in the 20/20 special was true. We were not even briefed about the special or told how to handle it.

It was our job to sign up everyone that walked through our doors and get them to buy as many products upfront as possible. Now that they shut down I feel bad for all those clients that I signed up that I really cared about. After losing 31 pounds myself on the program I know that it works. I used my success to help others become sucessful and have helped alot of clients. I have cried with clients when they reached their goals or when they couldnt lose weight. And I was genuine and really cared. I was told that I was too close with clients and if they were not buying anything I shouldn't be spending that much time with them.

This is the shadiest compnay I ever heard of and I am almost ashamed to put them on my resume. All you clients out there run to yours nearest courthouse and file a suit. The owner Vaghn is probably somewhere in his native country living it up big now that he has scammed so many people out of money. Dont let him get away with this. And any one out there needing help contact me at ******@aol.com.(((REDACTED FOR SECURITY PURPOSES)))

As a former employee and client of the company I am very knowledgeable. I was able to lose my weight without their nutrition bars or supplements. It is the way the program is set up which made me successful with my weight loss. The company made over 60% of its money off of their products. Anyone thats out there that frequented the Lombard center between 12/06 and 7/07 I really would like to know how your weight loss has been since I left. I was close to many of you and feel so bad that the company screwed so many people including myself.

Trina
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2008 07:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Weight-LossPure-Weight-Loss/Lombard-Illinois-60541/LA-Weight-LossPure-Weight-Loss-The-shadiest-place-around-Lombard-Illinois-301971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Weight Loss/Pure Weight Loss

LA Weight Loss Victim - Ohio

AUTHOR: Lorrie - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for the posting. I am from Ohio and would like to know if anyone has pursued legal action. I am ready and willing. I lost at least $1400. The program does work, but it doesn't work without the suport from the staff, and when that is missing, the money is wasted. Not sure where to file suit-in the state that I live in, or where the franchise is. I've heard they live in Michigan, and I also have a Pennysylvania address. I don't like to waste my time, and would like to get this right the first time. I cannot file a complaint with State Attorney until I have done due diligence. Not sure what to do next.