Complaint Review: LA-Z-BOY

• Submitted: Mon, November 24, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 24, 2008

• Reported By:South San Francisco California
LA-Z-BOY
415 El Camino Real South San Francisco, California U.S.A.

LA-Z-BOY The owner laughed at me and said, I'll wear my best tie! when I told him that I'd take him to People's Court. South San Francisco California

LA-Z-BOY ripped me off by selling me two fake massage chairs for which I paid $3600. Several times, I phoned, sent e mails, and sent a registered letter to Charles Pruitt, the owner of all seven LA-Z-BOY in the bay area, on 1/17/2004, 12/06/2004, 12/10/2004. I explained that the two reclining massage chairs I purchased did not have the massaging power of those chairs I tested at the store. I explained this also in an e mail I sent to Ms. Rodriguez on 10/25/04. Both of them refused to replace the weakly massaging chairs with ones conforming to the ones I tested at the store or to give me back my full refund. Within a couple of months, both leather chairs had become discolored and the reclining mechanism on one of the chairs did not work well. I paid extra for the leather protection and LA-Z-BOY did not even honor that part of the contract.

In our last conversation, the owner laughed at me and said, I'll wear my best tie! when I told him that I'd take him to People's Court.

Julie
South San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2008 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Z-BOY/South-San-Francisco-California-94080-4345/LA-Z-BOY-The-owner-laughed-at-me-and-said-Ill-wear-my-best-tie-when-I-told-him-that-Id-394525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA-Z-BOY