Complaint Review: LA-Z-BOY

• Submitted: Fri, January 25, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By: BGRIFFIN — WEST CHESTER Ohio United States of America

WARNING TO ANYONE LOOKING AT LA-Z-BOY SECTIONALS: In July of 2011, we bought a very, very expensive sectional couch from La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery, 12189 Montgomery Road, Loveland, OH 45140. We had many less expensive options, but we wanted to "Go with the best." When it was finally delivered in late August, the couch was the material of the accent pillows and the pillows the material of the... sectional is returned and we wait another 8 weeks. Finally, in October of 2011, we take delivery (All correct materials this time) and the sectional is assembled by the delivery guys. Well, apparently the delivery guys were not very diligent and the sections were inadequately connected and immediately (that evening) came apart. We call and schedule proper assembly... Service team arrives in a week or so and reassembles it... few days pass and it is once again coming apart in between different sections. This pattern goes on and on, never staying together till September of 2012 when I ask them to send their best person and please get it assembled correctly, once and for all or take it back. Gentleman comes and assembles once again only to have it come apart again. I finally spoke to the head of the service (Carey McCord) who advises me not only is this to be expected and that it isn't engineered to stay together but furthermore that it is no longer a warranty item and if I want any further assistance with this $4,000 sectional that HAS NEVER WORKED, I must pay for service calls and a time and materials cost. I could not be more angry and disappointed with the way I have been treated. I am now in a state of war with La-Z-Boy. I will make it my mission to trash you and your brand to anyone and everyone that will listen. You are wrong, and you cannot just write people off when they place their faith and their money in your Brand. Now I will make sure that as many as I am able know my story.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Z-BOY/internet/LA-Z-BOY-WARNING-REGARDING-LA-Z-BOY-SECTIONALS-WONT-STAY-TOGETHER-Internet-1003312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA-Z-BOY