Complaint Review: LABCORP (LABORATORY CORPORATION OF AMERICA)

• Submitted: Tue, November 19, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, November 19, 2002

• Reported By:Liberty MO
LABCORP (LABORATORY CORPORATION OF AMERICA)
PO BOX 2240 BURLINGTON, North Carolina U.S.A.

LABCORP (LABORATORY CORPORATION OF AMERICA) ripoff slow prossessing BURLINGTON North Carolina

LABCORP must be one of the richest companies in America if they can go 30 days without posting payments to billing accounts! I can't believe one of their Customer Service Reps tells me it takes them 30 days to process payments!!

Anyone there ever heard of COMPUTERIZING?
My daughter got a Collection Notice from LCA Collections on Nov 18th, which was dated Nov 15th. I know now that LABCORP maintains their own collection division, good for them.

But I had turned their billing into my daughter's insurace company on the 10th of October to be paid, and the insurance company had cut LABCORP a check on Nov 1st and mailed it. Given the rate that Snail Mail moves around the country, I figured the check got to LABCORP around Nov 6 or 7, a full week before the date of the collection notice was written.

Even if LABCORP had waited 5 days to post the bill, it would have STILL been before the collection letter was written. But they don't post payments when they get them, they sit on them for 30 days!!!

Now LABCORP has a collection notice out that isn't going to go against my daughter (she's only 16) but against her father, who is the insurance policy holder on her health insurance. All because LABCORP sits on payments instead of posting them when they get them. What a way to do business!! LABCORP must have some pretty big bank accounts if they don't have to immediately process payments back into their system for their own expenses.
I'm simply astonished that they don't move faster on their posting of payments than a month!!

Must be nice. I asked the Customer Service rep I talked to why it takes LABCORP so long and she told me "Well, ma'am, we're a national company with clients all across the US." And their point is...what?

Also, LABCORP will not bill my daughter's insurance company directly. According to their Customer Service department, LABCORP doesn't do business with her insurance carrier. But I notice they don't hesitate to take the checks the insurance company sends them after I have to forward their bill to the insurance carrier. Up until lately THAT hasn't been a problem.

If it were up to me, I'd never do business with LABCORP again, but as I pointed out to one of ther Customer Service people, I don't get to choose who the doctor's use for their lab testing. This was after the first fight I had with LABCORP billing me for services that should have gone to the insurance company, but once again "We don't do business with that insurance carrier."

When I pressed the c.s. rep what difference it made, she told me "You need to tell your doctor to use a laboratory that your own insurance covers the next time." Ever try to tell a doctor anything, especially when it comes to HIS office operations? But this is the mindset of LABCORP. 'It doesn't suit us, so everyone else MUST accomodate!!!!'

JOYCE
LIBERTY, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2002 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LABCORP-LABORATORY-CORPORATION-OF-AMERICA/BURLINGTON-North-Carolina-27216/LABCORP-LABORATORY-CORPORATION-OF-AMERICA-ripoff-slow-prossessing-BURLINGTON-North-Carol-35615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LABCORP (LABORATORY CORPORATION OF AMERICA)