Complaint Review: LAKE SHORE CARE AGENCY IN NORTHBROOK

• Updated: Thu, March 13, 2014

• Reported By: Justice — Illinois
LAKE SHORE CARE AGENCY IN NORTHBROOK
614 Dalton Pl Northbrook, Illinois USA

LAKE SHORE CARE AGENCY IN NORTHBROOK, Owner: Halina Scheimscheiner UNREAL DECEPTION, FAKE ACCUSATIONS ON CAREGIVERS, ILLEGALLY FIRING PEOPLE IN ORDER TO MAKE MORE MONEY- AWFUL BUSINESS Northbrook Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Wrong Information and False Accusations

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Misleading/Not True/Angry Person Taking Out His Personal Frustrations On Others

*Consumer Comment: Misclassified employees

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: report idiot, please

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Discrimination of age

Halina Schimscheiner fired my fiend and change come&go into live-in. It gives all readers evidence and mental picture of Halina's business who illegally made more than few thousand dollars on us (see: violation of IL code). Also, Private Employment Agency Act does not allow hire or fire or even encourage to fire worker by agent! They have NO RIGHT hire or fired people. That's why those issues are regardless of emigration status.

Please be so smart and report all those issues to labor Dept in order to SUSPEND her license as quickly as possible!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2014 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LAKE-SHORE-CARE-AGENCY-IN-NORTHBROOK/Northbrook-Illinois/LAKE-SHORE-CARE-AGENCY-IN-NORTHBROOK-Owner-Halina-Scheimscheiner-UNREAL-DECEPTION-FAKE-1130543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LAKE SHORE CARE AGENCY IN NORTHBROOK

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Wrong Information and False Accusations

AUTHOR: Lake Shore Care - ()

Hi "Justice" or Robert or whatever your real name is.... Unfortunatelly, we cannot recall you since we are not even sure about your real name.  We don't understand the situation you are talking about it since it is something we do not do.

We are only a placement agency.  Our clients (employers) are the ones who are paying money and they are the ones who make decisions as far as hiring/firing/changing hours, schedules, etc.  We DO NOT control that.  We collect a placement fee for helping somebody find a job.  If they are not interested in our services, they can go find a job on their own.  Do you think we help match an employer and an employee and after collecting a placement fee we secretely go to the employer and tell them that the person we just recommended is bad for them and they should fire them?  Really?  Also, even if your imagination tells you that we do that, do you think our clients would listen to us?  They are the ones who make decisions as far as who they want around their house and family.

We have been in business for many years, and if we ran our business in the way you attempted to describe, we wouldn't be around for long.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Misleading/Not True/Angry Person Taking Out His Personal Frustrations On Others

AUTHOR: Lake Shore Care - ()

We are sorry that you have not had a good experience with us.  We also have all the emails with you and the other family that you had your nanny share with.  You are misleading anyone who is reading it by twisting the story.  We have a long list of satisfied clients who would affirm that we are honest and dependable.

It is disappointing to see that you are taking your time to spread false information to the public, when in fact you were the one who has not been fully honest and did not stick to our written and verbal agreements.

Somehow, the other family who you had the nanny share position with is still working with us and they seem to be very satisfied with our service and the candidates.

Despite all that, we do hope you are doing well in California after you lost your job here in Chicago.

If anyone wishes to work with us, we can provide them with a list of reputable references.

Misclassified employees

AUTHOR: Mike K. - ()

Not a pleasant experience, but you get what you pay for.

We selected a nanny to start with our family before joining a nanny-share situation a few months down the road.  After the initial visit with the nanny we selected the Friday before she was to start, we decided it was not a good fit.  In the chaotic days that followed (which included flying out my mother in law last minute as interim care) we ended up finding a neighborhood home day care that just felt right.

When I reached out to ask for the deposit back, my request was rebuffed and I was told that LSC had to work overtime to look for replacements, I owed the nanny 2 weeks notice according to law (not true), and that the contract we signed will not be honored (I have the entire email chain & contract if anyone would like more info).

I know there are all sorts of agencies out there (as well as ways to pay for dependent care), but LSC wants you to believe that having the nanny sign a document saying that they are a 1099 - when in fact they are not - was, in my opinion, a thinly veiled attempt in creating legitimacy, not to mention giving false information to the caregivers they place. This was the biggest turnoff for me.

This is in no way a knock on the nannies that we met with, but the business side of things that I have issue with.  We will not be referring anyone to this agency.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

report idiot, please

AUTHOR: Caregivers - ()

No such licensee shall by himself or by his agent, or agents, solicit, persuade or induce any employee to leave any employment in which said licensee or his agent has placed said employee; nor shall any such licensee or any of his agents, solicit, persuade or induce any employer to discharge any employee; nor shall any such licensee or his agents divide, or offer to divide or share, directly or indirectly, any fee, charge or compensation received, or to be received, from any employee with any employer or person in any way connected with the business thereof. No licensee shall give or promise to give anything of value to any employer or applicant for employment if contingent upon the use of the services of his employment agency. Provided, however, that nothing herein contained shall prohibit any licensee from reasonable business entertainment expenses or distributing without charge items of reasonable value for promotional or advertisement purposes

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Discrimination of age

AUTHOR: Kate - ()

I received a call back from this agency. Not only were they very unprofessional. They told me that they can't find anyone for those hours and that I qualify but not to mention my age and if someone asks to either not respond or tell a lie because this person is asking for someone older. Now who would want to work with an agency like this, that asks their employees to lie and lies to their customers who pay money to them for getting good qualified people. Never will I answer a call from them or work for them. I am not going to lie to someone looking for honest care, but I am sure people would do that and why would an agency encourage them to do so. Unbelievable!