Complaint Review: LA/Pure Weight Loss

• Submitted: Fri, December 14, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, December 14, 2007

• Reported By:Framingham Massachusetts
LA/Pure Weight Loss
All Centers Framingham, Massachusetts U.S.A.

LA/Pure Weight Loss LA/Pure Weight Loss total scam Framingham Massachusetts

I just rejoined Pure Weight Loss (which used to be LA weight loss) four days ago. I was a member years ago when it was LA and did lose weight. When I used to be a member I was turned off by the high pressure sales tactics and constant turnover of employees, but recently I've been desperate to lose weight so I returned to the center to get information. I voiced my concerns and was reassured that with the change in name came a new philosophy and I had nothing to worry about. After much encouragement I paid them a small fortune especially for the "lites" (nutrition bars) which I was told I must buy now because they were on sale. THIS PLACE IS A TOTAL SCAM. When I went into the center today (four days after joining) I learned that the company was closing and I would receive none of the services I paid for. They gave me the option to fill out a form to try and get a refund. However, it says on the refund form that I can expect it to take at least 8 weeks for them to even consider my claim. I've now read online that it is doubtful that I will ever get my money back. I didn't know but others wrote that LA Weight Loss changed their name to Pure Weight Loss as some sort of past scam in order to get out of paying past claims. I can't believe this company has stayed in business as long as they have with their unethical practices. I should have trusted my initial insticts about this business. I feel totally taken advantage of. I was so irrate after leaving the center that I called both the regional manager and customer service line but I got no wear. I finally called my bank and asked if they could do anything (since it was paid for with a debit card just four days ago). They are filing a claim on my behalf. Hopefully there are more people out there that will do the same. I feel the banks are better equipt to fight this battle but please whatever you do don't sign up with this company. I also read online that some centers are still signing people up and taking their money even though they know they're closing. Just a little warning. I can get over the money but not the feeling of being taken advantage of. Don't let this happen to you.

Mrs. hackpack
Framingham, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2007 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LAPure-Weight-Loss/Framingham-Massachusetts-01701/LAPure-Weight-Loss-LAPure-Weight-Loss-total-scam-Framingham-Massachusetts-291711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA/Pure Weight Loss