Complaint Review: LASIK Vision Institute

LASIK Vision Institute

LASIK Vision Institute Thieves, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: The LASIK Vision Institute Following Up

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help

I was told 10 years ago that I had thin corneas and could not have Lasik. I went to lasik vision Institute to get a second opinion, or see if technology had improved enough that I could have the surgery. I told them that I had thin corneas so they scanned my eyes twice and told me that I was a good candidate for the surgery. They had me apply for a care credit account, and scheduled me for surgery.

On the day of my surgery, before doing anything else they charged my care credit account and charged my FSA account through my work. Then they rescanned my eyes. The doctor came in and told me my corneas were indeed too thin to have the surgery, and told me that I could not have LASIK performed. I asked about getting my money back and they told me they would send a note to their corporate people to have it processed.

I waited more than a week before calling them back to see if I had been refunded, but when I did I got the runaround with several automated recordings, a few different people, and was finally given the phone number for the finance department. When I talked to Amanda in the finance department, she told me that it would take over eight weeks to process the refund.

Now, the care credit company wants me to start payments with interest, and LASIK vision Institute still has my money without performing any services. They seem are refusing to help me out by processing this in a reasonably timely manner.

I have been charged over $3000, have received no services for this, and have not received any refunds to date. Stay away from this scamming, shabby company like the plague!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LASIK-Vision-Institute/internet/LASIK-Vision-Institute-Thieves-Internet-1005388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LASIK Vision Institute

The LASIK Vision Institute Following Up

AUTHOR: The LASIK Vision Institute - (United States of America)

Firefighter285-- We would like to speak with you immediately to ensure that you have already received your full refund.  We believe that is the case, but we can't be 100 percent certain without confirming your ID and other information. (All we have to go on at this point is your username from this website).  We have a customer support specialist ready to assist you, so please call 866-605-4662.  At The LASIK Vision Institute we are committed to providing the highest degree of service to all of our clients.  We apologize for any inconvenience, hope to connect directly with you, and look forward to resolving this to your full satisfaction.  Best Regards--The LASIK Vision Institute.

We would like to help

AUTHOR: GECapital - (United States of America)

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 013013_ror_Firefighter285**

We like to speak with you so we can get some additional information so we can try and resolve your concern.  Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
- Mailing address associated with the account
- Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,