Complaint Review: LBF Travel INC

• Updated: Sat, March 08, 2014

• Reported By: Joseph — Richardson Texas
LBF Travel INC
4545 Murphy Canyon Road, Suite 210 San Diego, California USA

LBF Travel INC, Smartfares.com Refund Check not sent for 4 months San Diego California

*UPDATE Employee: LBF Travel Inc. - Smartfares

On Dec 16th, I requested my ticket to be cancelled. I was repeatedly told that my refund (about 50% of the ticket) will be send by a check within a couple of weeks. It's March 8th and the check has not arrived yet. The customer service agents are absolutely unprofessional. They never return calls, it's almost impossible to reach the same person twice. They intentionally give you vague information and deny it on future calls. I was told I should receive a refund of >$600 in one occasion and >$400 in another but I have not yet received anything. Every time I call, they tell me the check will be sent on FRIDAY ! I tried to reach any of their managers but the customer service agents just keep passing me to each other and pretend they are managers !

This is robbery ! A BIG SCAM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2014 08:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LBF-Travel-INC/San-Diego-California-92123/LBF-Travel-INC-Smartfarescom-Refund-Check-not-sent-for-4-months-San-Diego-California-1129342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LBF Travel INC

LBF Travel Inc. - Smartfares

AUTHOR: Philip - ()

Dear Joseph:

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused as a result of your refund. I have researched your case as soon as it was brought to my attention. I issued a check to you this evening for your refund, you will receive it in the next several days.

At LBF Travel we go to great lengths to ensure our customers receive prompt and efficient service, clearly we have not met our standards this time. For that I sincerely apologize.  I have asked one of our senior managers to send you confirmation of the payment via email.

Regards