Complaint Review: LBF Travel

• Updated: Sat, March 01, 2014

• Reported By: Mark — Oakland California
LBF Travel
4545 Murphy Canyon Rd, San Diego, CA 92123, United San Diego,, California USA

LBF Travel Lied to regarding a correction to their error in booking San Diego, Ca, Or India, Or Pakistan? California

Please do not do business with these people! They are dangerous to your bank account and to your travel plans and your peace of mind!

When making a booking for two people the agent booked only one of us through to our destination. When I phoned later to ask why, they admitted their mistake and stated that they would correct the booking. However, what did occur instead is that the incorrect booking was cancelled without our knowledge without ever being corrected. I was emailed two confirmations of the flights but still only one of them could be verified with the airline for the first leg of the journey. When questioned about this I was told that my bank declined the booking because the address on my credit card did not match with the bank's records.

When I asked how this could be possible when both tickets were on the same credit card I was told that they had no way of knowing. I had been frustrated and suspicious of them from the first but now was completely untrusting of them.

Yet again I phoned them to correct the accumulating errors on their part and they claimed that I had told them that I wanted the second ticket cancelled -the one they had originally agreed that they had gotten wrong. I had done no such thing. I then asked them to correct this and was told that they could not do so, and that the first ticket, which was correctly ticketed, could only be cancelled if I paid a fee of $300 to the airline. I stated that since it was their error in the beginning that I would not pay such a fee and that it was their repsonsibility to get us booked on the same flights as would have been done had they not made their initial error. Needless to say, I got nowhere with this argument.

I made a final call to them and stated that I wanted them to cancel any and all bookings that they had for us. I was told then that I would be charged $700 to do this. I made it absolutely clear to the agent that I wanted everything cancelled and that I would not pay any such charge.

At the time of the writing -approximately 12 hours after my "cancellation call" I still have not recied a confirmation of my cancellation. I can only assume that they have ignored this and will proceed to charge me for travel that I will not be making. If I had time and money enough to pursue this I would happily do so, but of course companies such as LBF are "banking" on the consumer not going after them. I will do whatever legal means I can to dissuade people from using this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2014 06:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LBF-Travel/San-Diego-California/LBF-Travel-Lied-to-regarding-a-correction-to-their-error-in-booking-San-Diego-Ca-Or-Ind-1127506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LBF Travel