Complaint Review: LD Product

• Reported By: Arlan — Hilo Hawaii United States of America
LD Product
3700 Cover St. Long Beach, California United States of America

LD Product 4inkjets Ink cartridges damaged our printers Long Beach, California

I ordered ink cartridges for our Epson Stylus Pro 4000 from 4inkjets and their cartridges damaged the contacts for reading the chips on the cartridges. I contacted them and first spoke to a ShevyB and then communicated by email with her. Told her about the contacts getting damaged on several of the cartridge bays. She told me they were aware of an issue with the light magenta cartridges doing that and for me to get a quote to have it repaired. She said its been costing about $250 to repair the printers that their cartridges damaged. I checked Epson's website for a service center in Hawaii and found that there wasn't any in Hawaii. I emailed her that info and was asked to get a quote from the nearest repair center. I contacted 3 different ones on the west coast. One wouldn't give me a firm quote without seeing the printer and the other two gave me a ballpark figure without the shipping cost. I sent what I could get to ShevyB. Then I waited for a reply. Sent a couple emails asking what the status was and even left a couple voice messages.
After a few weeks, I called and spoke to a different person. She was going to transfer me to ShevyB's voicemail. I told her I wasn't getting any replies and wanted to speak to a supervisor. She apologized for the service I had gotten and told me she would help me. She asked for all the info again since she could not find anything about me calling. I sent her everything. She also sent me a form to fill out so I could return the cartridges that I had gotten from them. She said there was a bad batch of cartridges and that the ones they have in stock now are good. I ordered more to replace the ones I sent back.
She asked me to  all around locally to see if anyone worked on these printers. I told her that there wasn't and again told her Epson doesn't have anyone in Hawaii. I even called Epson one more time and was given west coast companies that work on the printer.
I got a few more emails with requests for quotes from her and again sent what I had to her. Then I didn't get any replies for weeks and weeks.
Finally I called her and asked to speak to her supervisor. She wouldn't transfer me, instead gave me an email address to someone and ask that I email this person, who she said was a supervisor.
I email this person with all the info again, only to be asked again to get quotes and formal quotes if possible. Well, no one will send a formal quote without looking at the printer. One of the repair shops asked me to take pictures of the damaged contacts and gave me a quote for just replacing the contacts. I sent that off to the supervisor.
It has now been about 5 months of dealing with this. I offered to do the repair if they purchase the parts assembly. She replied that they wanted to try to cover all avenues and that having the customer do the repair would be the last resort, or something like that. That was about 2 months ago now and i haven't gotten any reply since then. I have sent several emails asking what the status of repairing our printer was.
LD products use to be a pretty good company. I have gotten their ink cartridges over the years. But I will not use their products anymore. I ended up repairing the printers this week myself. The replacement cartridges I purchased after returning the bad ones don't work well. The chips are not read correctly. I am taking the chips off of the previous brand that we were using and putting them on the LD cartridges to make them work. Its the only thing I can do since they stopped communicating with me and I have not gotten credited completely for the ones I returned. So why send these back, I will loose even more money

Beware of them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2013 11:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LD-Product/Long-Beach-California-90808/LD-Product-4inkjets-Ink-cartridges-damaged-our-printers-Long-Beach-California-1022381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LD Product