Complaint Review: LD Products - 4inkjets

• Submitted: Mon, August 06, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 28, 2008

• Reported By:Statesville North Carolina
LD Products - 4inkjets
2500 Grand Avenue Long Beach, California U.S.A.

LD Products - 4inkjets LD Products sold me a incomplete filled black ink cartridge. ripoff Long Beach California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Refurbished Cartridges

*Author of original report: UPDATE on the issue

On March 27, 2007 I purchased a black and color ink cartridges. I did not begin to use the black cartridge until late May. In late July, my ink detector claims the cartridge was not even half used. But it still went out. I took out the cartridge, shook it and put back in place. It printed 2 pages of text fine. But then it stopped working again.

LD Products apparently sold me a partial filled refurbished ink cartridge. I have emailed the company twice and they ignore the emails. The 2nd email I did get a receipt for, letting me know they read it. But I get no reply.

This seems to be a problem with many refurbished refilled ink cartridges. LD Products seems very unprofessional by not taking care of email complaints about their defected items they sell.

Neil martin
Statesville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2007 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LD-Products-4inkjets/Long-Beach-California-90815/LD-Products-4inkjets-LD-Products-sold-me-a-incomplete-filled-black-ink-cartridge-ripoff-265548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LD Products - 4inkjets

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Refurbished Cartridges

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Refurbished cartridges tend to "dry up" if not used within 3-4 months of delivery. To call a company a rip-off because you received a cartridge that may have been defective is not a fair assessment to do. 4inkjets is a reputable company that has been in business for 8 years and has prominently risen as a top 500 company, which is remarkable for a business. They offer a 1 year warranty and stand behind their product 100%. Instead of sending emails that may not be going through, I would suggest contacting their customer service department as they will offer you tips on getting the cartridge to work, such as soaking the cartridge in warm water or by simply offering a replacement or money back guarantee.

After reading this review I consider such an article as "jumping the gun" on an issue that was easily taken care of by giving the company a call to rectify the situation. I am an ex-employee and the company I work for continues to do business with this company, as well as many others who are looking for great prices on ink should do as well. Thank you

UPDATE on the issue

AUTHOR: Neil martin - (U.S.A.)

a couple days after I made complaint, LD Products finally replied to my email.
they replaced the defected cartridge and I sent back the bad one.

NOTE: Companies should not delay in responding to emails nor should they ignore them to begin with. Customer should not have to threaten in order to get them to respond back.