Complaint Review: LD Products

• Reported By: JELL — W. Spfld Massachusetts United States of America
LD Products
3700 Cover St. Long Beach, California United States of America

LD Products broke my printer, too Long Beach , California

This LD toner cartridge broke my printer and cost me $250.00.
What follows id the review I left on Amazon.com.  My experience is similar to another complaint here on RipffReport.com . . .

This worked fine for about 5,000 copies -- no different from OEM product. Then, suddenly we started getting jams with an error message that read "paper wrapped around fuser - call for service". The first few times we got this message, we were able to extract the paper and get the printer to work again but, after the third time, the printer just stopped working and we called for service.

It cost me over $250.00 in repairs to have the fuser and feed roller replaced on my HP P3015DN printer because of this product. When I contacted LD to complain, they actually faulted me for not calling THEM first, instead of calling HP repair (why would I do that when the machine reported a fuser problem instead of a toner problem?). Nonetheless, they claimed that this incident wasn't at all typical of LD products and they sent me a replacement cartridge. That replacement cartridge started smearing the pages almost immediately and we tossed it in the trash before it could do additional damage.

Interestingly, I had also purchased an LD toner cartridge for my Brother fax machine and it also worked fine for a short while before it started smudging the pages. We removed it before it damaged that machine, too.

You know, I was willing to pay more for this (LD) brand because they claimed they didn't just refill toner cartridges -- they actually rebuilt them. Based on my experiences, I'd say that they are either lying, or their quality control is terrible.

Caveat Emptor!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2013 11:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LD-Products/Long-Beach-California-90808/LD-Products-broke-my-printer-too-Long-Beach-California-1026741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LD Products