offers

• Updated: Sat, July 28, 2012

• Reported By: Adam R. — Norfolk Virginia United States of America
LED Outfitters
14 Bond St. # 301, Great Neck, New York Internet United States of America

LED Outfitters Strobes N More, Strobe King, LED Outfitters one-man online order wrecking crew... shipped wrong item; refused oder & still no refund! Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We are not the company listed in the complaint.

*Author of original report: Rebuttal response 7/28/12

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Wrong Company

*Author of original report: Update: No progress 6/14/12

On 5/04/2012 I placed an online order with LED Outfitters for 2 items- a 55" LED lightbar in Red & White and an 8-head arrowstick. The order shipped right out & was received that week with the tracking # information. However what I got was a 47" lightbar in all Red, and the arrowstick had an additional controller that I ordered that came with the wrong mounting bracket. I refused the delivery of the lightbar & had UPS return it to the shipper as "refused" so that no shipping charges would incur & contacted LED Outfitters who at first apologized & said that they had problems in the shipping Dept. on several orders & fired the warehouse person responsible. Furthermore they could not ship the correct lightbar for 30 DAYS as it was on back-order!! I don't know how the order could have even be placed for the RIGHT lightbar if it wasn't even in stock in the first place. They were contacted again & said if we refused the delivery & sent it back we'd get an IMMEDIATE refund, which I did. I tracked it back to them & they received it on 5/17/2012. Another call was made about my $789.99 refund & they stated (rather rudely) it takes 7-10 days for a refund! Each subsequent call to them has been (when answered) in a rude manner; I explained this is a Fire Dept. order & they don't seem to care at all. I had to purchase another lightbar, at MY expense ( The Vol. Fire Dept. already reimbursed me for the first one) to fulfill the need for the bar & now I'm out $789.99 & the payment already hit my card & account so I can't dispute it. This is still in it's early stages & should they resolve the issue I will update this complaint but based on their poor ethics & attitude as well as the NUMEROUS complaints here, I don't see it happening soon enough. I WILL persue this matter until resolution- that was almost $1000 of my money that I lost!!! Buyer be warned- I wish I had or this never would have happened.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2012 04:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LED-Outfitters/internet/LED-Outfitters-Strobes-N-More-Strobe-King-LED-Outfitters-one-man-online-order-wrecking-890309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LED Outfitters

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We are not the company listed in the complaint.

AUTHOR: Strobesnmore - (USA)

I do not understand what you want for proof.  Just go to our web site, do a whois search online, or call our offices M-F 9-5est and we will answer the phone.  The company you listed us with it not us, associated with us, or even a friend of ours.  We are our own company and we believe in doing business the moral and ethical way.  The right thing would be for you to file a rebuttle recognizing that fact and requesting this site to remove our name from your complaint.   thanks

Rebuttal response 7/28/12

AUTHOR: Adam R. - (United States of America)

Re: Rebuttal from different company-

I apologize if what you are saying is true- please provide your company address and/or contact information that contradicts any affiliation with the companies listed in this report. If you are correct & are not affiliated with the reported company, I would strongly reccomend filing a report or even further about the company/ individual listed as they are appearing to misrepresent you to others as being affiliated with your company.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Wrong Company

AUTHOR: Strobesnmore - (USA)

I am the owner of Strobes N More.  We have absolutely no affiliation, connection, or any other ties to LED Outfitters.  We hear horror stories almost dailly about that company.

To the author would you please ask rip off report to correct this post to remove our name.  thanks

Update: No progress 6/14/12

AUTHOR: Adam R. - (United States of America)

As I mentioned I would update my post if there was any progress. Unfortunately as has been the trend with this "business", my calls and e-mails have gone unanswered. Seeking legal council now in conjunction w/ NYPD Internet Crimes Bureau ( who apparently are already familiar with this person) as I simply cannot afford to take a $780 personal loss. Contact me if you've been a victim as well.