Complaint Review: LED Sign Company;ADstar Sign; Vantage Sign

• Submitted: Wed, June 17, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 06, 2011

• Reported By:Springhill Louisiana
LED Sign Company;ADstar Sign; Vantage Sign
Sam Houston Pkwy Houston, Texas U.S.A.

LED Sign Company;ADstar Sign; Vantage Sign LED Sign Company sold sign that does not work; filed bankruptcy; left holding the bag Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: Help.....

*Consumer Suggestion: Hey do you still have the sign and are you useing it or stuck? email me please

*Consumer Suggestion: a solution

*Consumer Comment: Work Around

Our church purchased and paid for an Optek LED display sign from the LED Sign Company for $22,081. Nine months later, we received a full-color "upgrade" because LED Sign Company had a dispute with Optek. The "upgrade" was from a company called AdStar. Part of the upgrade was a laptop computer loaded with the software to control the sign.

The sign worked for 5 months. Each month I had to contact LED to get an access code to operate the sign. The last time I called to get the code, I was informed that the LED Sign Company was no longer in business "as of today." (How's that for timing?) The company had filed bankruptcy.

A couple of weeks later, we received a letter from Vantage Signs in Walnut, California who was the supplier of the AdStar sign to the LED Sign Company. The letter stated they had not been paid by the LED Sign Company and that we were liable for the payment.

A couple of days after receiving the letter, I was contacted by Tim Fitzgerald of Sign Express in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Mr. Fitzgerald offered an extended warranty on our sign for $300 - $500+ a month. I asked him how he could warrant a sign that didn't work. His answer was something to the effect that his company was authorized to get the sign operational with the purchase of the warranty. The warranty was to be a five year warranty. Do the math. That's almost what we paid for the sign originally (which came with a five year warranty).

I tried to call Vantage Signs, but the person I needed to talk to "was not available." The next day, I get a second call from Mr. Fitzgerald with the same warranty offer.

The sign is inoperable and the only options seem to be to buy the "warranty" or let the sign sit like it is.

Huge ripoff.

David
Springhill, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2009 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LED-Sign-CompanyADstar-Sign-Vantage-Sign/Houston-Texas/LED-Sign-CompanyADstar-Sign-Vantage-Sign-LED-Sign-Company-sold-sign-that-does-not-work-462223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LED Sign Company;ADstar Sign; Vantage Sign

Help.....

AUTHOR: mschigut - ()

Hey, I am trying to reach either, AUTHOR: George - Ehrenberg or AUTHOR: Dnalorx - ocala. I have a Adstar sign and I need help. Please email me at mschigut@gmail.com. Thanks.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Hey do you still have the sign and are you useing it or stuck? email me please

AUTHOR: Dnalorx - (United States of America)

Hey do you still have the sign and are you useing it or stuck? email me please (((REDACTED)))

#3 Consumer Suggestion

a solution

AUTHOR: Dnalorx - (United States of America)

i also have a sign and did the same crap you did and had to pay ever so many months and then they closed and now i have well had a sign that was worth over $65,000 just sitting with nothing on it... However i have a solution to get any of these signs back up and running with no more activation so please send me an email if you would like to get your sign up and running again better then before!

Work Around

AUTHOR: George - (United States of America)

I have been working on an adstar sign here where I live and have found a work around with some good results not prefect but got the sign under my control. (((ROR redacted)))

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC