Complaint Review: LEGACY LD INTL INC.

• Submitted: Mon, November 24, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 26, 2008

• Reported By:Metairie, Louisiana
LEGACY LD INTL INC.
10833 Valley View St. Ste. #150 Cyprus, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-553-4218
  • Web:
  • Category: Motels

LEGACY LD INTL INC. Charged me $30.00 for ONE five minute call (inc. taxes, surcharges, etc.) Cyprus California

*Consumer Comment: I only use my cellphone when I stay at hotels

While traveling through Alabama recently I would make a collect call to a family member each night and give them my motel phone number. They could then call me back immediately so we could keep in touch on a daily basis while I traveled to a different town /city each night. My one call from Guntersville, ALA to my families home was 4-5 min. long (at most). There was NO mention on the phones about exorbitant rates for this collect call. Usually you may pay 30-40 cents a min. for these calls. Horribly, when we received the phone bill at home through AT&T the ONE call was $30.00! Upon calling and speaking to someone named "Louis" or maybe he was "Luis", although he pronounced his name Louis. He told me that it was MY responsibility to check on the rates before I placed the call. In no uncertain terms I told him flat out that NO ONE in their right mind would make these calls knowing the insane rates! This is (at the very least) theft, and a lot worse, it's STEALING surreptitiously. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE about this thievery, and ASAP! I also will call AT&T to complain first thing in the morning!

Joseph j.
Metairie,, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2008 08:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LEGACY-LD-INTL-INC/Cyprus-California-90630/LEGACY-LD-INTL-INC-Charged-me-3000-for-ONE-five-minute-call-inc-taxes-surcharges-et-394734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LEGACY LD INTL INC.

I only use my cellphone when I stay at hotels

AUTHOR: Andy - (U.S.A.)

That way hotels can't price gouge me for using their phones. Also, people don't have to be connected thru the front desk.