Complaint Review: LEGACY LD INTL, ZPDI

• Submitted: Fri, July 08, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, July 08, 2005

• Reported By:Mercerville New Jersey
LEGACY LD INTL, ZPDI
One World Trade Ctr. S-1100 Long Beach,, California U.S.A.

ZPDI, Legacy LEGACY LD INTL Quoted me the wrong price for the call Long Beach California

*Author of original report: ZPDI, Legacy LEGACY LD INTL Quoted me the wrong price for the local call

I used a pay phone and charged to my home phone because the pay phone was damaged and not accepting coins. I inquired with the operator as to the charge for the call. He told me it would be $1.00. You subsequently billed me $10.97 plus taxes.

I tried to call Legacy, but they do not answer their phone.

I e-mailed ZDPI, which appears to be a shell company. I got this BS of a response. "Thank you for your inquiry. ZPDI is a billing clearinghouse that processes records on behalf of the operator service providers and long distance carriers that provide service for hotels, motels, payphones, and correctional institutions. The charge in question is billed on behalf of LEGACY LD. They prefer to handle their own customer service. Please contact them toll-free, 1-800-553-4218. They will be able to assist you. Thank you."

Fortunately, my phone carrier, Verizon, is aware of these rip-off artists and failure pay the legacy portion of the bill will not affect my phone service.

Andrew
Mercerville, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2005 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LEGACY-LD-INTL-ZPDI/Long-Beach-California-90803/ZPDI-Legacy-LEGACY-LD-INTL-Quoted-me-the-wrong-price-for-the-call-Long-Beach-California-149023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LEGACY LD INTL, ZPDI

ZPDI, Legacy LEGACY LD INTL Quoted me the wrong price for the local call

AUTHOR: Andrew - (U.S.A.)

I used a pay phone and charged to my home phone because the pay phone was damaged and not accepting coins (it did take my money but did not connect me). I inquired with the operator as to the charge for the call. He told me it would be $1.00. I was subsequently billed me $10.97 plus taxes, in addition to losing $0.50 for the original call.

I tried to call Legacy, but they do not answer their phone.

Fortunately, my phone carrier, Verizon, is aware of these rip-off artists and failure pay the LEGACY portion of the bill will not affect my phone service.