retained

• Submitted: Fri, December 05, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 05, 2008

• Reported By:mesa Arizona
LEGACY LONG DISTANCE AND ZPDI ON BEHALF OF LEGACY
10833 Valley View Street, Suite 150 Cypress, California U.S.A.

LEGACY LONG DISTANCE AND ZPDI ON BEHALF OF LEGACY RIPPED OFF BY UNACCEPTED COLLECT CALLS FROM LEGACY BILLED TO MY COX ACCT Cypress California

ZPDI on behalf of Legacy billed my local phone carrier, Cox, for collect calls Legacy claims were accepted by my home home phone number. No collect calls were accepted. I remember the crazy collect phone calls. They were denied most importantly because they were placed in a foreign language I do not speak. Immediately after I denied a call the phone would ring again with the same message. I did not press #1, as the message stated, to accept the call. The 4 collect calls were placed immediately one right after the other in 2 minute increments. Legacy charged me for 4 - five minute collect phone calls at $5.09 per call for a total of $24.49. My local carrier, Cox, refused to intercede on my behalf and referred me to ZPDI (another long distance carrier involved in this puzzle) who transfered me on to Legacy Long Distance. Not only did Legacy refuse to remove the charges from my phone bill, when I asked the Legacy representative for her name, she hung up on me. All of these collect calls were placed locally but charged to me at an outrageous amount of money. Upon further investigation I was told the calls originated from my local airport, which is a local phone call not long distance. Legacy should be banned and put out of business and any business that supports Legacy by installing their pay phones and using Legacy services should be held accountable. According to Legacy these calls were placed at the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. The representative I spoke to from my local carrier, Cox, didn't know who Legacy was neither could she give me an address nor fax number for Legacy so I could put my dispute in writing with Legacy.

Sk
mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2008 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LEGACY-LONG-DISTANCE-AND-ZPDI-ON-BEHALF-OF-LEGACY/Cypress-California-90630/LEGACY-LONG-DISTANCE-AND-ZPDI-ON-BEHALF-OF-LEGACY-RIPPED-OFF-BY-UNACCEPTED-COLLECT-CALLS-F-398216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LEGACY LONG DISTANCE AND ZPDI ON BEHALF OF LEGACY