Complaint Review: LEGALZOOM.COM

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By: Slobo — Rock Island Illinois U.S.A.
LEGALZOOM.COM
101 N. BRAND BLVD GLENDALE, California United States of America

LEGALZOOM.COM LEGALZOOM BILKED ME OUT OF $239.84 GLENDALE, California

*Consumer Suggestion: File a Small Claims Complaint

*UPDATE Employee: LegalZoom Complaint

Take a questionaire (the bait), try a 30 day trail of "Legalzoom Advantage Plan", (the hook), then be billed automatically to your credit card for $14.99 each month. I took the questionaire and 30 day trial in June of 2011. Of course one forgets about it. I just scan my monthly credit card statements. Never caught the Legalzoom charge of $14.99 until November of 2012. I suppose it is my fault, but the "Advantage Plan Service" had never been activated and used by me. I called Legalzoom to have the automatic billing shut off, and requested a full refund of $239.84. Legalzoom was willing to settle for $86.00 bucks! Reviewing the Advantage Plan for 30 days is simply a scam. Legalzoom knows that 85% of their customer who do this will forget to cancel. So the billing just rolls over and over, and goes on into eternity. I would advise the reader to avoid Legalzoom. If one needs legal advise, find and attorney locally. As far as I am concerned, Legalzoom snagged me and ripped me off for $239.84!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LEGALZOOMCOM/GLENDALE-California-91203/LEGALZOOMCOM-LEGALZOOM-BILKED-ME-OUT-OF-23984-GLENDALE-California-974366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LEGALZOOM.COM

#1 Consumer Suggestion

File a Small Claims Complaint

AUTHOR: Consumer Protection Lawyer - ()

You might consider filing a simple Complaint in Small Claims Court in your State requesting the Court award you damages for the faulty work of LegalZoom and for their business conduct which violates applicable law.  LegalZoom will likely settle with you and pay your claim to have the suit dismissed.  This is their standard operating procedure once they are sued for such small amounts.  They will pay you in exchange for you dismissing your small claims action.  I have seen LegalZoom do so.  They even paid the costs another plaintiff incurred to file their suit against LegalZoom - in addition to the amount they paid LegalZoom for fautly products/services which caused the consumer damages.  Good luck to you.  Fight back!

LegalZoom Complaint

AUTHOR: LegalZoom - (United States of America)

Slobo,

We are sorry that your experience with LegalZoom wasnt a great one and we want to try and fix that, especially refunding your credit card charges.  Please contact Juan or myself who oversee our our legal plan membership services team via email or toll free phone numbers listed below:

Juan:     (877) 818-8787 ext 3250 or jcuellar@legalzoom.com
Jeremy:  (877) 818-8787 ext 2115 or emailing him at jeremyv@legalzoom.com

Again we are sorry to hear about experience and would like to help.

Jeremy, LegalZoom Customer Care