Complaint Review: LEGALZOOM.COM

• Submitted: Fri, March 30, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, April 03, 2012

• Reported By: Skydaddy999 — Camp Hill Pennsylvania United States of America
LEGALZOOM.COM
101 N. Brand Blvd., 11th Floor. Glendale, CA 91203 Internet United States of America

LEGALZOOM.COM LegalZoom never delivered the service, denied refund, customer service lied. Internet, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: LegalZoom Complaint

*Author of original report: LegalZoom will take your money and never deliver product, Beware.

*UPDATE Employee: LegalZoom Complaint

I placed an order online with LegalZoom.com to set up a DBA on 10/26/2012, cost $ 159, after about 2 days I ask them to put the order on hold as I needed to determined what state the DBA was supposed to be up. I was planning to relocate to another state at that time and I informed customer service that my relocation might take few weeks. They agreed to put the order on hold, alternatively they also suggested $ 159 will go into a store credit until I'm ready to come up with an address in another state.

Sometime in February 2012 when I was ready with a new address in another state, I called back customer service to inform them to proceed with the DBA, but I was told that my account are cancelled thus I LOST $ 159 that I was charged the first time. In order to set up a DBA, I have to come up with another $ 159.

The main reason is the store credit they gave me have an expiration date which they never disclosed properly.
I placed a call on 03/08/2012, I was told to placed another order and pay $ 159 while they work to refund me the old $ 159. I said I will not place another order until I received a refund for the service that they never performed. The customer service agent promised me a refund of $ 159 will be mailed out within 10 business days and I will be emailed a confirmation. After 3 weeks I still haven't received such a check,
I called again on 03/19/2012, customer service stated they couldn't find any previous conversation regarding any refund, was transferred to dispute dept, solution : I have to shell out another $ 159 to set up a DBA, what I paid $ 159 is gone.
I called on 03/30/2012 was again promised a resolution by refund, customer service promised to call back with status of refund. Never heard again from them.

I believe this company is a rip off, will take your money and will not deliver the service. BEWARE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2012 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LEGALZOOMCOM/internet/LEGALZOOMCOM-LegalZoom-never-delivered-the-service-denied-refund-customer-service-lied-861624. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LEGALZOOM.COM

LegalZoom Complaint

AUTHOR: LegalZoom - (United States of America)

Hi,

We're sorry about providing the incorrect ext., please accept our apologies. The correct contact information is 800-773-0888 x 2320. Please ask for Victoria for assistance. You can also send an email to Patty at Patty @ lzserve.com.

LegalZoom Customer Care

LegalZoom will take your money and never deliver product, Beware.

AUTHOR: Skydaddy999 - (United States of America)

Today 04/04/2012, I was just got off the phone with Legal Zoom rep at the ext given, after she looked up my file she said "This isn't my dept, I have to transfer you to cust service". Why did you give me an ext number when the person at the ext doesn't know what she's doing ? No professionalism whatsoever. This is actually the worst internet company I dealt with as far as the customer service.

LegalZoom Complaint

AUTHOR: LegalZoom - (United States of America)

Hi,

We're sorry about your DBA experience with LegalZoom. It is LegalZoom's goal to provide its valued Customers with exceptional service during every interaction. Please allow us to fix this for you, contact us at 800-773-0888 x 2302 and we'll get everything straightened out.

LegalZoom Customer Care