Complaint Review: LEGGETT & PLATT

• Submitted: Fri, November 04, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, November 04, 2011

• Reported By: karl — DAVENPORT Washington United States of America

Purchased bed from Select Comfort in 2005 -Bed failed i 2006 and Leggett who makes the adjustable component of the bed claims to have replaced the bed at that time . A service man arrrived in 2006 and "replaced the twin bed components, which should have started a new 20 year warranty.

Now in 2011 the adjustable component has falled again. I called Leggett again today and tthey requested I get serial #'s off the bed. I read them to them and the numbers were for the original bed, that their agent was to have removed - so there is no warrenty on the 2006 replacement or the original bed.

The issue is that it should be operable (both my wife and I are disavbled) and need the bed that which doesn't work. Leggett falls back on the delivery ticket I signed in 2006 that says I recieved the replacement and that it worked - which it did for 5 years. Repairs are now $350 to make it work so we can use it to assist us w/mobilty in and out of bed due to our disabilities. They inferred I was negligent in signing for the 2006 replacement as they claim I still have the original bed that should have been removed.

All I remember or 2006 is a service man bringing in 2 boxes and leaving w/them and tearing the bed apart and rebuilding it. He fixed it but it appears he left w/the replacements.

I am severely mobility impaired and didn't witness the replacement just the delivery/removal and verify it worked. Leggett says warranty as I have the original bed which I shouldn't and my signature attests that I should have the replacement = all my fault no 20 yr warranty - no operable bed = wasted $5000.

It appears their deliveryman repaired our bed and delivered and left w/ the replacement - a crime of opportunity preying on the disabled and Leggett says too long ago and pay up to make the bed work. Both my wife and need a working bed due to our disabilities

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2011 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LEGGETT-PLATT/internet/LEGGETT-PLATT-SELECT-COMFORT-WONT-HONOR-WARRENTY-CLAIM-I-DONT-HAVE-THE-WARRENTIED-BED-795210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LEGGETT & PLATT