Complaint Review: LENSCRAFTERS

10 Sterling Road Kittery, Maine United States of America
  • Phone: 207-439-61
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

LENSCRAFTERS Split frames two times in a month. Second time I returned glasses and was charged $50. Returned glasses and lost the $50. The lens were very poor, foggy to see through, only a month old. Kittery, Maine

*Author of original report: $50 credit received

LensCrafters sold me a pair of eyeglasses. In less than a month the frames splintered. I returned them and they replaced the frames. Again they splintered, in less than a month. I returned them and had to pay $50 to replace the frames a second time.

Meanwhile, the lens were very foggy and difficult to see through. I brought them to my doctor's office, and they said that it looked like the case was too small and damaging the glasses. I returned the glasses as an unsatisfied customer. They were not going to take them back and told me that I was not taking good enough care of them, but eventually they took them back and refunded my original amount, but not the extra $50 for the second replacement frames.

Since then I went to another merchant. They told me that if the frames kept breaking then it was their fault, that the lens were not the correct fit for the frames.

LensCrafters told me that I had to have a certain type of polycarbonate in the progressives that I chose and I found out this was not true.

The company embarrassed me and accused me of not taking proper care of the glasses. I brought a witness with me before I was able to even return them on that 30 day guarantee.

I am out my $50 and in the process of purchasing new ones from another company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2009 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LENSCRAFTERS/Kittery-Maine-03904/LENSCRAFTERS-Split-frames-two-times-in-a-month-Second-time-I-returned-glasses-and-was-ch-499448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LENSCRAFTERS

$50 credit received

AUTHOR: Patricia - (USA)

I contacted the LensCrafters in South Portland to let them know that I didn't get the full refund because the frames were replace the second time in South Portland Maine and not Newington NH. The person I spoke with said that it should have been refunded all at once, but she did credit my account for the lost $50. I am satisfied in getting my money back. I would not like to go through so much again when trying to get good quality eyeglasses. I now understand more about eyeglasses and what my needs and wants are rather than have the technician make the decision for me.