Complaint Review: LEVITZ FURNITURE

• Submitted: Fri, September 23, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, January 12, 2006

• Reported By:HOWARD BEACH New York
LEVITZ FURNITURE
895 EAST GATE BLVD. GARDEN CITY, New York U.S.A.

LEVITZ FURNITURE DID NOT DELIVER FIRNITURE WHEN PROMISED. I CALLED CUTOMER SEWRVICE 3 TIMES ON MY DAY OFF. HELD ON PHONE OVER 1 HOUR, TO FIND OUT THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. FURNITURE PROMISED 9/10/2005 NOW OCTOBER 30TH, 2005. GARDEN CITY New York

*Consumer Comment: Get Your Refund ! Steps from a Consumer...

*Author of original report: NOW HEAR THIS

WE PURCHASED BEDROOM FURNITURE 8/14/2005 FROM LEVITZ IN GARDEN CITY. WE WERE PROMISED DELIVERY ON 9/10/2005. I RECEIVED A LETTER STATING IT WOULD BE DELIVERED 10/01/2005. ON MY DAY OFF I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE 3 TIMES. EACH TIME I WAS PUT ON HOLD OVER 45 MINUTES. WHEN I CALLED THE STORE I WAS TOLD THERE IS NO ONE AT THAT NUMBER. BEING ON HOLD FOR NOTHING. I WAS GIVEN A PRIVATE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER AND THE PERSON SAID SORRY AND WOULD SEND ME A $50.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE. BEING IN THE RETAIL BUSINESS I UNDERSTAND THINGS HAPPEN. A FEW DAYS LATER MY WIFE RECEIVED AN EMAIL STATING THE FURNITURE WAS NOW BEING DELIVERED ON 0CTOBER 30TH. NO ASKING IF THIS DATE WAS OK, JUST STATING THAT'S WHEN IT'S COMMING. WHEN WE CALLED WE WERE TOLD WE WOULD RECEIVE ANOTHER GIFT CERTIFICATE. I WOULDN'T SHOP THERE IF THEY GAVE US A FREE COUCH. WE DELT WITH SEAMAN'S FOR 32 YEARS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. WE ARE LIVING OUT OF SUITCASES BEING THE OLD FURNITURE WAS THROWN OUT. I WANT TO CANCEL, MY WIFE DOESN'T. HEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!

Joseph
HOWARD BEACH, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2005 04:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LEVITZ-FURNITURE/GARDEN-CITY-New-York-11530/LEVITZ-FURNITURE-DID-NOT-DELIVER-FIRNITURE-WHEN-PROMISED-I-CALLED-CUTOMER-SEWRVICE-3-TIME-158136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LEVITZ FURNITURE

Get Your Refund ! Steps from a Consumer...

AUTHOR: M - (U.S.A.)

We were in the same boat. We waited for the delivery of our furniture. But after a little poking around, we found out Levitz filed for Chapter 11 Reorganization on October 10, 2005.

Steps to recover your money: Call customer service and visit the store to request a FULL refund. Please note that they will put your request in, but checks are cut every 2-3 weeks once a corporate accountant reviews the books and posts a list of names to receive refunds. They will give you multiple dates that the check will come - and you still need to call and make sure it was actually sent off.

1. Keep notes/dates/times of all contact and who you spoke with (and their titles)
2. Keep all letters/notices/offers for compensation/visits to showroom/etc.
3. File BBB report. Dont let them rebutt and close your complaint without resolution ( and not "the check is in the mail" BS
4. Email Levitz Corporate office. Sound important - go on line and copy someone elses letters to creditors on the border of Fair Credit fraud if you have to get good verbage.
IMPORTANT: cc: both BBB and Levitz with all emails to each other.

Just keep on them. Don't let up. It took us 5 months to get a check for $1500. We moved out of state and they took advantage. They told us they lost our order. Then they offered pieces of furniture from the same maker/style (but just the nightstands) and give store credit for the rest. No go. We waited for our money. Be patient, but firm and demand your money.

Good luck, we hope this is helpful

NOW HEAR THIS

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

WE RECEIVED A CALL TODAY THAT LEVITZ HAD ALSO RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. WE WERE TOLD THAT THE FURNITURE IS STILL NOT IN. MY WIFE INFORMED THEM THAT WE ARE CANCELING. I WONDER HOW A STORE THAT JUST PURCHASED SEAMENS EXPECTS TO STAY IN BUSINESS?