Complaint Review: LEWIS MOTORS The American Honda Corp. (Acura)

• Submitted: Tue, March 27, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, March 27, 2001

• Reported By:Burlington VT
LEWIS MOTORS The American Honda Corp. (Acura)
, Vermont U.S.A.

LEWIS MOTORS & American Honda Corp in VERMONT RUSTING ACURA Defective brand new Auto

In February of 2000, I bought an Acura Integra with 17 miles. When I had the car for approx. 3 months I noticed rust on the passenger front door. Steve Sabitini, an Acura Representative, came to Lewis Motors to assess the problem. He said that this was normal wear and tear on my vehicle. He had the dealership touch up the spot with touch up paint (after I had to buy the paint).

Several months later I notice more rust on my car and again I had to wait for Steve Sabitini to come to town. He and Lee Allen, the Acura Service Manager at Lewis Motors, assessed the problem and stated it was normal wear and tear and possibly rail dust. They also informed me that my car was depreciated and touch up paint would not help my car. It was going to continue to rust. They only way my car could be fixed is to have it stripped to the metal and repainted properly. Steve Sabitini said he was not about to do this for a few rust spots.

My car just turned one year old. I now have rust on the hood of my car, passenger front door, the lid of my trunk and when the trunk is opened on the bottom front also in this area the paint is bubbling. Also they pointed out some black spots on the front and rear bumper. Those black spots is the plastic color under the paint.

Today I received an invoice from Lewis Motors with Steve Sabitini's assessment. He stated that my car is showing some rust due to poor maintenance, care, and cleaning of my car. My car was very clean when he assessed the problem. Also each time my car is serviced they hand wash and wax my car. I too on the average hand wash my car every 2-3 weeks.

I bought a brand new car so I did not have to worry about mechanical problems. Now I am having to worry about frequent paint jobs. I want a new car. I feel it is my right considering my car was not properly painted and may have rail dust due to the transportation of the car. I will never buy another Acura or Honda product again. After they take your money they leave you to fix their mistakes!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LEWIS-MOTORS-The-American-Honda-Corp-Acura/Vermont/LEWIS-MOTORS-American-Honda-Corp-in-VERMONT-RUSTING-ACURA-Defective-brand-new-Auto-1033500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LEWIS MOTORS The American Honda Corp. (Acura)