Complaint Review: LG- Zenith Electronics Corporation

• Submitted: Fri, May 08, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 01, 2010

• Reported By:Sylmar California
LG- Zenith Electronics Corporation
1000 Sylvan Ave Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey U.S.A.

Lg- Zenith Electronics Corporation Sold defective Plasma TVs Z50PX2D to consumers Englweood Cliffs New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Zenith Z50PX2D

*Consumer Comment: NO PRODUCT SHOULD LAST ONLY 1 YEAR

*Consumer Suggestion: Warranty?

I bought a plasma 50" from Zenith Z50PX2D in 12/05. On 5/09 it made a popping sound and the screen went black. I calledd LG/Zenith customer service and they instructed me to send them my receipt, model and serial number.Out of curiosity I did a google search and found out there were close to 100 similar complaints from customers who had bought the same unit!
The next day a called again and they told me that because I owned the TV "SO MANY YEARS" (3.5) there was nothing they could do. I told them about my findings and they responded that THEY HAD NEVER HEARD about the POP and the black out of the screen! EVERY sinlgle complaint had the same characteristics. They all said they had contacted LG-Zenith. ZENITH-LG has known of this faulty product since 2005-6 and did NOTHING to correct the defective parts they equipped this TVs with.
I want to start the process for a CLASS ACTION SUIT against them and urge other i na similar situation to join me. These TVs should have lasted longer than 3 years. I paid over 3K for it. Humm.. one thousand a year? Contact me here since I cannot publish my email address. Let's send a message to Zenith. JOIN ME

Pedro
Sylmar, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2009 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LG-Zenith-Electronics-Corporation/Englewood-Cliffs-New-Jersey-07632/Lg-Zenith-Electronics-Corporation-Sold-defective-Plasma-TVs-Z50PX2D-to-consumers-Englweoo-449966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LG- Zenith Electronics Corporation

Zenith Z50PX2D

AUTHOR: MARY - (United States of America)

Just wondering if you have gotten any where with the class action suit....The same thing just happened to my tv and I got now where with LG.....I had the TV for 4 years paid $3000 for it!!!  Should last more than this.....I did file a complaint with Better Business Burea, not sure if anything will come of it.

NO PRODUCT SHOULD LAST ONLY 1 YEAR

AUTHOR: Pgodinez - (U.S.A.)

The warranty that came with this TV was one year from the manufacturer. It doesn't mean that it is going to last only one year. We as customers should expect longer life from major electronics an appliances. We paid $3000 for somethihg that only lasted 3 yrs. AND I was one of the lucky ones! The average cost- lifespan of this product is 1 yr and cost you $1K per year. Does sound ridiculous! Are tvs now disposable? Then they should be advertised as such!

PG from CAL

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Warranty?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

How long of a warranty came with your purchase? However long that warranty is, is however long you can expect the device to last.