Complaint Review: LG corporation

• Submitted: Tue, September 11, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, September 12, 2012

• Reported By: dc — SAN FRANCISCO California United States of America
LG corporation

LG corporation declared their product un repairable so they could not honor their warranty , Internet

*Consumer Comment: How, in ANY stretch of the imagination is this a Ripoff?

I bought an LG refrigerator from a Best Buy store (20 cu ft, with a bottom freezer).  the rubber stripping on the freezer door did not seal well along the top, allowing air to enter and freeze into ice in the freezer.  Two times I called LG to get it fixed under the warranty.. and two times they came out, changing the stripping, but finally heating it with a hairdryer (mine), which made the strip softer and allowed it to seal better (eliminating the opening along the edge).  but after a time the problem re appeared (mind you, over the course of several months).  on the 3rd time they came out, the repair person declared it couldnt be fixed, and left.

I called LG and they said they didn't make that model anymore.  they referred me back to Best Buy with this offer.  get another refrig and they would maybe pay half the difference ("within reason") of what I paid for my refrig and the new one.
Well, i couldn't find a comparable model of any brand (with the features in my refrig and fit the space in my home).  All they would offer then was to pay me back what I paid for the refrig, leaving me with no refrigerator.
Despite numerous pleadings to just give me some new rubber door strips so I could fix the problem, they refused and would do nothing more to settle this.  So, i'm left with their refrig which still leaks air into the freezer.
LG couldnt care less.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2012 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LG-corporation/internet/LG-corporation-declared-their-product-un-repairable-so-they-could-not-honor-their-warran-939840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LG corporation

How, in ANY stretch of the imagination is this a Ripoff?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

" All they would offer then was to pay me back what I paid for the refrig, leaving me with no refrigerator. "

It looks like they made you more than a reasonable offer to fix the problem, but you refused.

Your current problem is your own doing.