Complaint Review: LG

• Submitted: Sun, December 30, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, December 30, 2012

• Reported By: Christina424 — Union Ohio United States of America

LG Terrible Products, Broken, Won't Repair, Bad Customer Service, Faulty Workmanship , Internet

I purchased a 47 inch LG television from Sam's Club. We opted not to purchased the extended warranty due to LG's "good" name. How wrong we were! Days before the (factory) warranty was to expire I noticed that I would somtimes find the tv OFF (when it had been on). I emailed CS about it - who never got back to me. Our warranty expired and then the real trouble started. The TV WAS shutting itself off - but this was when it would make a "pop-pop-pop" noise really fast then shut itself off. Once the tv was turned back on there was no issue for a cpl hours/days until it did it again. I, again, emailed CS - never heard back. Then I got on their live chat and spoke w/ a very RUDE rep who told me that this was NOT their problem and I would have to pay to have it repaired. They took NO ownership in the problem.
I have ran across numerous reports of this same problem online - so I know that it is not just ME.
I paid over $900 dollars for a television that is nothing more than a problem and essentially junk. We have owned it approx a year and a half and since it records the viewing hours (used) - it is laughable that they aren't willing to even look at it (as it has barely been used!)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2012 08:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LG/internet/LG-Terrible-Products-Broken-Wont-Repair-Bad-Customer-Service-Faulty-Workmanship-In-989106. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LG