Complaint Review: LG

• Updated: Wed, April 25, 2012

• Reported By: Justin — Bellingham Washington United States of America
LG
Yeouido, Seoul, South Korea Nationwide United States of America

LG Life's Good "Life's Not Good" when they scratch your phone when sent in for service. Yeouido, Nationwide

My wife has had her LG Nitro P930 for about 6 months. It has been getting progressively slower over time, even factory resets/cache wipes did not seem to fix the issue. Then, suddenly, it began to restart all on it's own, at random, very frequently. It needed hardware repair, so we took it to AT&T, got the run around, tried to go online to AT&T for support and was told to speak to the manufacturer. Enter, LG Customer Support h**l. After boxing it all up, following their instructions to a T, paying to have it 2-day shipped to them for their manufacturing hardware defect, we wait a week while it's repaired. When finished, they don't overnight the phone back to us. No... They don't 2-day ship it, or 3-day ship it, not even 5-day. The send it fedex home delivery to my office, travelling by ground from Texas to Washington.

At this point, I was just excited to get the phone back and make my wife happy. I open up the well packaged box and take the phone out only to find a noticeable 1/4" slit/cut on the screen. I'm not sure how most people take care of their mobile electronics but I use screen protectors and cases built with a soft gel inside/hard shell outside. I make sure my phone is perfect and my wife is now the same way. So, I call my wife and tell her the bad news. She has already been without a phone for 2 weeks at this point, we are stressed with work like everyone else in the America and she's been missing appointments due to not having a phone, so she cracks and starts crying. I tell her I'll get it handled, thinking I could contact LG and they would be more than happy to facilitate the request.

I go online to LG's "Life's Good" site, click their online contact button and begin having a conversation with Gustavo. I explain my issue and give him my RA number. One of the first things he says to me, and I quote: "It left after 2 days of being in our facilities. Most likely it was not repaired." Shocked, I tell him that I think it's repaired as it doesn't appear to be restating constantly, and my only issue is the scratch that was caused while in repair. He already knows at this point that my wife has been without the phone for 2 weeks, and the trouble that has caused, but insists that I send the phone back to them for inspection. After having dealt with their repair department, I felt less than comfortable sending the phone back to them to begin with, plus the added headache of another 2 weeks waiting for the phone.

I suggested 2 alternatives, one less favorable than the other. The first, undesired option was some sort of a credit/gift card. The second was having a new phone shipped to me, so my wife could use the damaged/scratched phone in the meantime, and then sending the damaged/scratched phone back to them upon receiving the new undamaged phone. Neither option was possible, and they stated that their option was, and I quote: "only option we have available". Frustrated, I asked if there was anyone else I could speak to. I was transferred to John who said basically the same thing, only in a different way: "basically what we can do on that case is open a case for you to send us the phone". I ask to speak to someone higher, they tell me to call the call center and ask for management.  I explain the issue and my frustrations with the way this is all playing out. She repeats the same line as the other customer support people. I tell her what I would like to see done. I get the same response. I ask if there is anyone higher I can talk to and she said no, thus ending the conversation.

I can say without a doubt that I don't care for LG and that I won't be buying any more products from them. I will be telling my family about this, creating a website highlighting the ordeal @ lglifesnotgood.com, posting to every forum I can find, telling all my customers (I own a small computer repair business in my town), and posting it on my own website. I facilitate customer support calls all day. I deal with Microsoft, HP, Dell, Toshiba, IBM, etc. on almost a daily basis. I have never felt more cast aside by a large company than I do right now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2012 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LG/nationwide/LG-Lifes-Good-Lifes-Not-Good-when-they-scratch-your-phone-when-sent-in-for-service-Ye-873726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LG