Complaint Review: LHR Collection

• Submitted: Thu, January 10, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 10, 2008

• Reported By:houston Mississippi
LHR Collection
56 Main ST Hamburg, New York U.S.A.

LHR Collection collection agency (LHR) verified with false information Hamburg New York

I recently checked my credit report in NOV of 2007 and found a couple of interesting finds. I had a UNICEL phone for my teenage son about 5 years ago. The service was less than desirable and we decided to terminate it. We went to the UNICEL store where the service was provided and requested they terminate the contract and paid the full amount of the early termination fees the Sales Rep said we owed. One month later UNICEL sent another bill saying we still owed 111.44.

I then took it to the store and the lady (Sales Rep) said she got it fixed and we didnt owe anything. Well guess not. I have 2 credit collection agencies collecting on the same debt. I called UNICEL to find out who owns the debt and they told me the other company (Dunstone Financal)

Well I then paid the debt to just clear it off. (That's a mistake) Well now this LHR collection is claiming they own the debt and will not remove it from my credit. I disputed it with Transuion and their investigation came back as verified. I then contacted UNICEL again and they claim Dunstone Financal owns it. LHR must be falsifying records or Transuions so called investigation is a joke. Any Suggestions on next steps or should I just contact an Attorney?

Mike c
houston, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2008 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LHR-Collection/Hamburg-New-York-14075-4905/LHR-Collection-collection-agency-LHR-verified-with-false-information-Hamburg-New-York-298958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LHR Collection