Complaint Review: LHR - FIRST EQUITY - NOAM J. COHEN, P.A.

• Submitted: Thu, August 28, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 28, 2008

• Reported By:Deltona Florida
LHR - FIRST EQUITY - NOAM J. COHEN, P.A.
56 MAIN STREET, HAMBURG, NY NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Florida U.S.A.

LHR - FIRST EQUITY - NOAM J. COHEN P.A. - CREDITOR & ATTORNEY ORDERED VOLUSIA COUNTY SHERRIF TO REPOSESS MY CAR, (WHICH THEY DID) DUE TO TRY AND COLLECT UNPAID BALANCE ON CREDIT CARD NORTH MIAMI BEACH FLORIDA

I owe First Equity card about $11,000.00 on a credit card. My husband and I have been experiencing financial hardship for a couple of years. Notifying the company of our situation, and not being able to pay the full monthly payment, I could only offer to make lower payments. None of what I had offered, or my financial situation was ever taken into consideration. I did not show up for the hearing when I was served, I have been through this before with another creidt card company. And to sit there and just be humiliated got me nowhere. Which I lost the case anyways.

Even after sending 4 letters to the companies/attorney, saying I could make small payments, I was served one day with an EXECUTION, and the sherriff took my car.

I have been unemployed since June and have been looking for full time work. Now I have no car to look for a job. How can they do this? I have talked to the attorney a couple of times, and he/nor LHR is not even willing to work out a payment plan with me. I cannot get my car back, as they want the full amount of the debt paid first. I have no way to come up with this $, my credit is shot so I cannot refinance due to my being unemployed, I do not have any credit cards I use, I haven't used a card since 2006. I am totally screwed, this has left me without any way to get a job, see family when they need help, or if I am home and have an emergecny, I am stuck here alone.

What can I possibly do? This is like a bad nightmare and can't handle it. It is so unfair? I need to have a car to live.......plus my husbands car is old, he drives an hour to and from work everyday, I cannot possibly use his car, and is ready to break down, we are going to be totally screwed.

Karen
Deltona, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2008 07:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LHR-FIRST-EQUITY-NOAM-J-COHEN-PA/NORTH-MIAMI-BEACH-Florida-33181/LHR-FIRST-EQUITY-NOAM-J-COHEN-PA-CREDITOR-ATTORNEY-ORDERED-VOLUSIA-COUNTY-SHE-367745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LHR - FIRST EQUITY - NOAM J. COHEN, P.A.