Complaint Review: LHR, INC.

• Submitted: Sat, November 29, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 29, 2008

• Reported By:Lafayette Indiana
LHR, INC.
56 Main Street Hamburg, New York U.S.A.

LHR, INC. Facts about companies like this one-- and how I know what I know!! Hamburg New York

First, this company is what is known as a "lost debt collector." They purchase "bad debts", for 10-15% of their value. ($100.- $150.00 per $1000.00) 99% are over the "Statute of Limitations", are LEGALLY uncollectable, and ALL have already been "charged-off". They make big, scary threats because that is all they CAN do.

I did a search of them on the PACER website. There are a total of 31 cases and in 28 of them, THEY are the defendant. They actually filed 3 cases- 1 each in 2006, 2007, and 2008. In "Bankruptcy" cases, they were listed in a handful of those, and those were times when they apparantly slid in their "claim" against someone who had filed for bankruptcy. You can go to your local Clerk of Courts (IN is online) and check for any cases they actually filed where you live.

I know all of this because these idiots actually tried to scam us for (exactly) $29,956.36. They were so kind-hearted though, they would actually settle the account for $25,457.30. But only if we paid it within 10 days. They were trying to get us to pay for a vehicle that belonged to my husbands EX-wife and was repossessed in 1991. Her loan was for less than 3500.00, and they were divorced in 1989. I explained this to the idiot and he actually told me that "I wasn't fooling anyone, there was no divorce and he knew personal things about ME that proved I was "her". He made all sorts of threats, too,
he would put a lien on our home, force us to foreclose and all of the neighbors would know we were "deadbeats". Blah...blah...blah...

So, I searched around the internet to see what he COULD do... and that's how I know what I know!! I was a bit "sheepish" when I first talked to them, but boy- did I get cocky the second- AND LAST time!

I let them know these were the LAST minutes I would be wasting with them. After that, I marked their mails "return to sender", and did just that. Didn't even open them. Promptly hung-up when they called, and then sent them a message on their website that I would be filing a lawsuit against them the VERY NEXT attempt they tried- by whatever means. I mentioned their track record on PACER, allso.

WALLLLAH..... no mail, no phone, not even a smoke signal from them since!

I hope this prevents just one person from being bullied by them!!

Janet
Lafayette, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2008 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LHR-INC/Hamburg-New-York-14075/LHR-INC-Facts-about-companies-like-this-one-and-how-I-know-what-I-know-Hamburg-New-Y-396094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LHR, INC.