Complaint Review: LHR. INC

• Submitted: Fri, July 18, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, July 18, 2008

• Reported By:OCALA Florida
LHR. INC
6341 INDUCON DRIVE EAST SANBORN, New York U.S.A.

LHR. INC DEBT COLLECTOR-UNPROFFESSIONAL AND CRAZY SANBORN New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Tactics used are Illegal

DO NOT DEAL WITH LHR.INC...
I currently have a $1600 credit card debt that is now past due because of recent changes in our yearly income. This I will completely admit to and have been working on a budget to address this problem. Although this morning I recieved a HYSTERICAL call from my 76 year old MOTHER stating that someone from "LHR" call her threatning to take my home, car, garnish my wages, and freeze my bank accounts. Having never heard of this company I looked them up on the web prior to returning this call. I then was directed to this site with numerous reports of this companies behavior.

So I called the credit card company directly and made a payment. I then called LHR to let them know that this was being handled and payments were being made. The guy then started screaming and cursing at me as well as cutting me off everytime I tried to respond. So I finally hung on him

Keep in mind I was very nice when I called and never raised my voice until he started screaming at me. He also wanted me to give him the phone number to the credit card company. The same company that they bought my account from so you would think they already knew that info....

This was my very first call to them and I expected to have to answer to my debt. But that was the most unproffessional thing I have ever heard. It also makes me very concerned about sending them any money. It's probably being run out of someones garage.

What the $%&^
OCALA, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2008 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LHR-INC/SANBORN-New-York-14132-9097/LHR-INC-DEBT-COLLECTOR-UNPROFFESSIONAL-AND-CRAZY-SANBORN-New-York-352767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LHR. INC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Tactics used are Illegal

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

Based on your complaint this organization has broken several laws.

1st if they call again - demand that they provide proof of debt. They are required by law to provide it, and do not acknowledge it is your debt until you know for sure. Be very careful what you say to them, they are recording the call and will doctor it as they see fit.

1. They contacted your mother? If she is not listed on the account they are not allowed to call anyone else and discuss the matter at all. They can call in an attempt to reach you, but cannot discuss the collection with them at all

2. Your bank accepted a payment? Call your bank again and ask if they have turned the account over to a collection agency. In most case once an account has been turned over to collections the bank will not accept payments anymore. IF they have not yet turned it over to an agency then you should not be receiving any calls from a collection agency.

3. Screaming and theats - another illegal tactic.

Go to www.fair-debt.com for what to do to report this.

I also suggest that you get a recorder for your phone conversations, so you can record all conversations with this organization. Radio Shack has some at reasonable prices.

flash