Complaint Review: LHR Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2008

• Reported By:Lewiston Idaho
LHR Inc.
1 Main Str. Floor Hamburg, New York U.S.A.

LHR Inc. Calling for some kind of collection, yet we have never recieved anything from them by mail. Probable reageing of debt that has been settled. Hamburg New York

I have been getting calls from LHR for my husband but the individual calling just leaves some obscure file number and asks that I have my husband call him back. I did not know who the company was, so I looked it up on the web and found this site. Several rebuttals recommended not to speak with these people over the phone so my husband has had no contact with them. We have not received anything in the mail from this company so we have no idea what they are calling about.

Several years ago we had to file a chapter 13 bankruptcy in 2003 due to some IRS problems and debt that stemmed from a poorly written financial settlement in my husbands previous divorce. The settlement did not comply with the some of the IRS codes. Three years ago the bankruptcy was dismissed, and all the debt was settled and paid. We have refinanced our house and bought two cars without any problems since our debt has been paid off. Now, out of the blue LHR is calling.

My husband has decided not to talk with them over the phone and wait to get a letter in writing regarding any debt they claim we might owe. Is this a good idea? When we get something in writing we will write a for a letter of validation and so on. Another concern was the SOL on debt incurred in one state when you reside in another, is the SOL with the state you might have incurred the debt or the current state in which you reside? We moved to another state shortly after marrying.

Pam
Lewiston, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2008 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LHR-Inc/Hamburg-New-York-14075/LHR-Inc-Calling-for-some-kind-of-collection-yet-we-have-never-recieved-anything-from-the-304901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LHR Inc.