Complaint Review: LHR Inc

• Submitted: Thu, June 12, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 12, 2008

• Reported By:Kissimmee Florida
LHR Inc
1 Main Street Hamburg, New York U.S.A.

LHR Inc Demanded money using threat of Lawsuit against my husband Hamburg New York

*Consumer Suggestion: DO NOT SEND A DIME!!

Over the last week between June 4th and June 11th 2008 we have had messages left saying that we need to return this call. finally my husband did call back and they told us we owed them $1600 for a credit card that we had been paid off. LHR Inc told has they sent a letter to us on the 15th May 2008 which we have never received. They told us the debt although the credit card was closed, was still gathering interest. I then told him I was not paying interest on something we no longer have and was believed to be paid in full. He then threatened to sue us unless we settled with him there and then.

I refused to settle until I had something in writing telling me who they were and show me how much we owed them. He then said again if we did not settle they would sue us and we would need to pay the full amount and court costs and the judge would not be very understanding as LHR Inc have done this many times before. He then hung the phone up.

On June 11th 2008 we then received, as they called it a "final call" to say if we did not settle or agree to pay something to the debt they would proceed to sue my husband. I told him I wanted confirmation of his company and all the information to the account we owed, he said he couldn't give that information because all the Lawyers had gone for they day. I then asked him how much he wanted us to pay and he said $400 this month and $400 next and the account would be settled in full. I then said how about I pay $150 until we get the information for this account and he told me to hold on,that he needed to speak with the Lawyer (thought they had gone for the day) he then said he had my husband's SS# and was checking the credit report to see if we had any assets. How can they check your credit report if you dont give consent to do this and how did LHR Inc manage to get my husband's SS#. We dont want to be sued but we are not sure how to respond to this company. We did report them to the BBB and FTC.

As of yet there has been no replies, but according to LHR Inc they sent a reply back to the BBB. If this is the case, where is our copy. Any input from anyone dealing with this horrible company would be greatly appreciated.

Norma
Kissimmee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2008 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LHR-Inc/Hamburg-New-York-14075/LHR-Inc-Demanded-money-using-threat-of-Lawsuit-against-my-husband-Hamburg-New-York-339776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LHR Inc

#1 Consumer Suggestion

DO NOT SEND A DIME!!

AUTHOR: Not Thermal - (U.S.A.)

Do not send them a dime... yet anyhow. Send them a letter, return receipt requested, demanding they validate the debt (you say you have paid it, it is their burden of proof to show you owe... and a slip of paper with your name on it and an account number are not proof). Along with that, send a cease a desist letter (you can get lots of info on this in various places on the web, and others here will probably chime in with more details).

They have violated, already, the FDCPA. They are required to inform you of your right to dispute the debt. Read read read, they are trying to intimidate you into paying! Do not admit to owing, do not even make a payment to get them off your back (that may affirm the debt, and even though they told you a lesser amount would be ok... they will most likely go after you for everything you have got).