Complaint Review: LHR,

• Submitted: Sat, October 20, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, October 20, 2007

• Reported By:Caldwell Idaho
LHR,
56 Main St. Hamburg, New York U.S.A.

LHR, Lewis Hastie Receivables debt collectors who lie, make idle threats and misrepresent the truth Hamburg New York

These guys have contacted me about a debt which I allegedly owe. The guy talked to my wife on the phone and threatened her, saying that if we didn't make a payment within 7 days he would send a U.S. marshal to our house to serve us court papers! I was pretty upset about that so I called up LHR and talked to the guy and confronted him about it. He then told me that he didn't make that statement. He said that we have 30 days to make a payment before they send our information to an attorney in our state to file a suit. I don't believe this lying scoundrel. They're not getting a single penny from me. They're going to have to validate this debt.

My recommendation to anyone dealing with these guys is to not make any deals with them. Make them prove everything in writing!!! They will try to put FEAR into you so you will make a payment to them. Once you have done that, they've got you.

Another recommendation: Visit fdrs.org

Captn. Moroni
Caldwell, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2007 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LHR/Hamburg-New-York-14075/LHR-Lewis-Hastie-Receivables-debt-collectors-who-lie-make-idle-threats-and-misrepresent-279960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LHR,